12

Are Gender Reveal Parties WORSE Than the Holocaust?

1  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 08:02 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I've asked for an explanation of how this is meant to be funny

You asked me. And as I've already pointed out I don't think comparing anything to the Holocaust is funny.

To be clear the only things I find acceptable to compare the Holocaust with are other atrocities like Srebrenica. Armenia and Rwanda. And even then they're not in the same league as the Holocaust itself.
neptuneblue

1  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 08:21 am
Thank you.

Linkat

2  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 08:44 am
@neptuneblue,
The only reason I pointed it out was because it was immediately after what Chai posted - I only pointed out the part that was a direct insult and not related to the post - ie Cat's meow.

So right after someone is upset about people being mean - you post something that is mean.

Only reason you were called out - I did not see anything in the others that were posted after that was.

Tryagain

2  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:47 pm
I wanna dawg in this scrap… not just because I proclaim to make a better piña colada than Chai2, or the fact that after an exchange of views with Roberta she added an extra lock to her apartment door, and don’t get me started on Mr Tsarstepan who y’all think is the original ‘Goody two shoes’. Well lemme tell you about his ‘dark’ side… he has never, like EVER, whished me happy birthday, so I am forced to Matriculate in absentia…

I’ma talking ‘bout (486958) MU69, or MU69 for short. Now before y’all ask, it was during a NASA nickname selecting contest that the team went with the suggestion of changing the name to “Ultima Thule”. Which, at the time seemed a perfectly nice name…

Until the names more unsavoury connections to far right German mythology was confirmed, which links it to the ’Aryan race’ and its association with Nazism, Holocaust and later neo-Nazism.

I am therefore pleased to announce that only yesterday it was decided to change the name to ‘Arrokoth’ to connect with Native American representation.

Arrivederci Nazis – Hello Indigenous Folk.

What’s in a name! A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
– William Shakespeare