CNN's American Morning: O'Brien and O'Brien

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 02:45 pm
Today was anchor/reporter Bill Hemmer's last day on CNN's morning show "American Morning." His producer did a nice tribute reel of him both in the studio and out in the field with candid still photos, clips of interviews, and bloopers. Soledad O'Brien will continue to anchor the show with Michael O'Brien (no relation). They are also tinkering with the format, moving resident, cranky editorial guy Jack Cafferty to the afternoon--I don't always agree with him but he does make his points. I started watching the show when Soledad jumped from NBC (after the death of her co-anchor David Bloom). I grew to really appreciate the show, even though I was disappointed in their coverage sometimes, I had to rate them higher on the majority of hard news headlines than their counterparts. I will continue to watch Soledad, because I was her intern when she was a producer at a NBC affiliate in Boston, and it's been fun following her career, but I will miss Hemmer's steady midwestern voice and quick wit as I run around getting ready--usually can only catch the first half of the show before leaving for work. As for Mr. Hemmer, I'm sure he will resurface soon. Personally, I think either CBS or ABC should snag him now and get him ready to take over their nightly chair. So--any other morning CNN watchers out there? What do you think about the changes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,184 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 04:32 pm
<not an American news-watcher - checking in to say it's great to hear/see edithdoll again>
0 Replies