Places in house to hide a wallet?

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 02:12 pm
I noticed that every day I stay home and don't spend money that someone takes money from my Wallet because they know it's in my jacket. I live with my parents and siblings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,169 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 02:43 pm
@singlesucks13,
Just leave your wallet out on the table. Whoever is taking money from you will surely think it's a trap, and they'll leave it alone for fear of getting caught.

Or, start wearing pants in the house and keep your wallet in the back pocket, and stay sitting as much as possible.

Or, if you're totally against wearing pants in the house, you can leave it in your jacket pocket, but take the money out first. As for the money, you can stuff it in your underwear. If you're also totally against wearing underwear in the house, reconsider that decision. If after that, it comes up missing anyway, then you have bigger problems than losing your money, like problems with losing consciousness at random intervals. I would move out in that case since you can't trust family to stay out of your underwear while you're unconscious.

Best wishes,
Glennn
roger

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 06:47 pm
@Glennn,
How does that work? Unzip your pants to pay for lunch?
Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 07:13 pm
@roger,
It's either that or have no money to pay for lunch. And really, what does a little humiliation matter as long as you stay nourished? Of course, he might be charged and jailed with damn-near-indecent exposure.

But really, the OP wouldn't have to do that since I doubt that his family is with him when he's outside the home.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 07:15 pm
Have you thought about saying in front of your family "Someone keeps taking money from my wallet. This needs to stop."

Since I really want to think it's not your mother or father doing it, I sure they would be interested in the fact that one of your brothers or sisters is taking your money.

As far as hiding places, do you have a pair of shoes or boots in your closet you could put the wallet in? I don't think they would think to go looking through all your shoes.

Or, you can do the old carve out a hollow in an old book and put it in there. All you'd need for that is an exacto knife to carve out a bunch of pages, and some mod podge or elmers glue to brush around the outside of the pages so the book forms a kind of box.

After you do that, buy yourself a cheap wallet and put in your jacket pocket. In the wallet put the note below for whoever is taking the money.

https://i.imgflip.com/10nbik.jpg
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 08:43 pm
Or, you could make up some counterfeit money and put it in your wallet, and then put the wallet in your coat pocket. When one of your siblings ends up in prison, you'll know it was them. Problem solved.
roger

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 10:23 pm
@Glennn,
Creative!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 08:17 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Or, you could make up some counterfeit money and put it in your wallet, and then put the wallet in your coat pocket. When one of your siblings ends up in prison, you'll know it was them. Problem solved.

OH my - that is exactly the same advice I had thought of! Didn't think there was any other evil minded person.

This and the laxative in the food (for those that steal food) are some of my favorites.
Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 09:43 am
@Linkat,

Quote:
Didn't think there was any other evil minded person.

Well there are, and I'll prove it. Put on some rubber gloves and go pick a bunch of poison ivy and run it through a juicer. Using a basting brush, apply a light coat of the juice to both sides of several dollar bills. When you've finished doing that, put the bills in your wallet and lightly baste the outside of the wallet as well. Leave the wallet on your dresser in plain sight, and then announce that you're going for a long walk. When you get back and find the dollars missing, you'll know soon enough who the thief is. Then use some of the remainder of the juice to very lightly baste the inside of the offender's underwear. It doesn't take much.

As an added punishment for the offender, wrap the juicer up and give it to them for Christmas WITHOUT cleaning it. And if you're still in the mood for justice after that, I'll just say this: toilet paper and fiberglass insulation. You do the math.
Linkat

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 09:46 am
@Glennn,
You think about this waaaay too deeply.

I will never cross you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 10:49 am
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

Places in house to hide a wallet?

We don't know your house. If we strangers can give an answer to this... it's likely the thief in question can already figure it out as well. It might be best to keep your wallet under the pillow while you sleep. And always with you the rest of the time.

Plus, confront the entire family in an improvised family emergency meeting. Whoever is the thief? Is likely stealing from others in the family.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 10:59 am
@Glennn,
That is brilliant Glenn!
0 Replies