Snack Food Confessions

JerryR

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:25 am
I was feeling lazy last night, so I had some food delivered from a local Chinese restaurant,...nothing really chinese about it,..not even the delivery guy Laughing ,...but it is one of my favorite bad foods,...all crunchy, and sweet and sour and,...extra msg, please!!
0 Replies

JerryR

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:52 am
http://www.unlv.edu/Tourism/chinesefortune.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:05 am
hmmmmm

sudden craving for thai take-away is rolling over me
0 Replies

Piffka

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:05 am
Cinnabons with their little pots of extra frosting!

Favorite snacks noted after reading entire thread... from Chocolate Cake and Bill Cosby's chant to Pillsbury Crescent Rolls? YES

Apple pie, in fact, any pie including pizza is great for breaking one's fast in the morning as long as it is accompanied by coffee before, during, after.

Wrist-deep in cheese puffs? Laughing

Twinkies and Hostess Cupcakes? Very Happy

Pink Ladies and Cashews? Drunk on nuts & fruit

Peanut Butter is a nearly perfect food.

Spicy Hot Wings & Blue Cheese Dressing!

Thanks to Diane for pointing out the chocolate is a bean. Without these important facts where would we be?? Shocked
0 Replies

Piffka

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:07 am
Oh, Beth, the Thai food we had at HCE's pick of a Thai Place (Singa Thai II or something?). Yumm. In fact, was just thinking of that... I had the chicken with peanut sauce. As I said, the perfect food.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:12 am
I'll start with # 30 click
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:15 am
then onto 26B YAM PLA MUEK GROB
Crispy Squid tossed with Chopped Green Mango, Dry Shrimps, Red Onion and Tantalizing Tendrils of Roasted Cashew Nuts.

gosh i need to get out for some thai - thank goodness it's less than a five minute walk to the nearest thai take-away
0 Replies

Piffka

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:18 am
ehBeth wrote:
then onto 26B YAM PLA MUEK GROB

Wha?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:21 am
26B on the Young Thailand menu (where you go if you click on the #30 above) is Yam Pla Muek Grob - really!
0 Replies

Piffka

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:26 am
Oh. Suddenly makes more sense. That menu is 5 minutes away? And prices are in Canuck bucks? Remind me of that, OK, when I come to visit!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:47 am
THAT thai menu is about 15 minutes away - the closest to me is less than 5 minutes - the dogs KNOW what that walk means! Yes, canajun $ ! I've accepted that Setanta loves canajun food prices about as much as he loves me <sigh>.
0 Replies

Piffka

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 12:43 pm
Fifteen minutes is not bad at all. First Thai Restaurant in Canada?

I love it when the dogs are excited about where they're off to. (We're off to Vaughn now to bring in the boat. The dogs just know!)
0 Replies

jjorge

Sun 17 Nov, 2002 12:54 pm
Food ruminations...who can say why,
Like: How many napples in a napple pie?
Endymion

Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:21 pm
@jjorge,
fish and chips from my local Chinese owned fish n chip shop
He has two beautiful daughters who make the best batter in England
Friday nights and the queue is out the door
ossobuco

Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:54 pm
@Endymion,
Great t0 see this thread again..

0 Replies

jespah

Sun 31 Aug, 2008 05:46 am
Woof, it's been a while since I ate like I did in the first post.

I do still snack, but it's more for dieting purposes (e. g. I have to fit in some sort of nutritional goal or whatever). No cheese nips and the like in the house whatsoever, although the popcorn-flavored rice cakes are quite tasty.

Thanks for reviving the topic, Endy.
Phoenix32890

Sun 31 Aug, 2008 05:48 am
@jespah,
A couple of months ago, I discovered the large jars of whole cashews at Sam's Club. After going through two of them in as many months, I made Mr. P swear that he would not let me buy any more of them. To me, those fat juicy nuts are as addictive as crack cocaine. I will wipe them from my memory..............................forever! Sad
ossobuco

Sun 31 Aug, 2008 02:46 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I get my walnuts and almonds in big 3 pound bags from Costco once a year. (Hmm, not a member now, but the bags are still pretty full. Might have to ask a member friend..)

Anyway, I roast them about two cups at a time with spices, not as much salt as I'd love, but some, and a bit of olive oil. Last time I added three tablespoons and I can get away with less, think I'll try 1 1/2. I put the olive oil and spices in a dish, pour in the nuts and stir, put them out in a single layer on a pan or glass dish for the oven. Roasted them at 175 degrees since it said in something that I read that low temp keeps in the nutritionally good nut oil, for twenty minutes. I did that a few weeks ago, and I'm still working on them a handful at a time.

I do eat raw almonds or walnuts with or without a lesser amount of chocolate chips.. but I love the spiced ones, and I can fool around with spices. Thinking.. curry..
Foxfyre

Sun 31 Aug, 2008 02:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Trying to keep snacking to a minimum as I need to lose a few (cough) pounds. But I confess to keeping salted, roasted sunflower seeds on my desk at most times. They're in the shell though so it takes awhile to eat them.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 31 Aug, 2008 03:07 pm
Since a couple of months I'm on (organic) apple chips.
I really like them - and they're good for loosing weight, too.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:46:17