Snack Food Confessions

jespah

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 01:37 pm
Although I currently eat better than I probably have in my entire life (and this includes the 15 years I was a vegetarian), I still on occasion eat junk. I also seem to eat junk as if I were pregnant, which I'm not. That is, I'll put together strange combinations of flavors and/or textures. Plus, while I do drink about 64 - 66 oz. of water while sitting at the computer (good), I also tend to snack while in front of the PC (naughty). Right now, I have a small plate of rice crackers (kind of salty but a little sweet), white cheddar Cheese Nips, a few mixed unsalted nuts and a couple of small cinnamon chip cookies I made myself (Actually, this combination isn't too bad. I should add maple-flavored oatmeal or something like that). All this, with a water chaser.

So, I have no bared my soul regarding my junk food habits. Will you share your junk food habits? Or will we perhaps pretend I'm the only one here who eats something other than the stuff recommended in the Food Pyramid? ;-D

Phoenix32890

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 02:25 pm
I went from plain old rice cakes, to Orville Redenbacker's Caramel corn cakes. Now the difference in calories is only 5 (35 to 40), but the caramel cakes SEEM like they are much more fattening.

I also buy Austin's Peanut Butter on Toasty Crackers (The BIG box, at Sam's or Costco). They don't seem to last very long!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 02:36 pm
I have an unseemly fondness for little morsels of the fat from a corned beef brisket. This week I cooked a low-salt brisket in diluted cider and the fat was delicious.

Fortunately, my covenant with the family dogs spells out that I have the lean and they rate the fat....
0 Replies

bandylu2

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 08:02 pm
After seeing your junk food lists, I think I may just be the junk food queen. I eat chocolate cake for breakfast (or donuts) -- closest I come to real breakfast food is a s'mores pop tart. As for computering, cookies have been my latest love. Tonight it was nutter butters; last night chips ahoy. Then there are potato chips (not good while surfing the web -- makes the keys greasy). I could go on and on. Cheez-its, pretzels, hostess cupcakes, yodels...so many I'm making my mouth water as I type (very messy).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 08:14 pm
Funny- I NEVER eat in front of the TV, and seldom eat in front of the computer. Sometimes I will drink a glass of Crystal Light while web surfing, but it always makes me anxious. I have visions of short-circuiting my keyboard.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 08:23 pm
That's why I started buying my diet Pepsi in small plastic bottles instead of cans. I trained myself to screw the cap back on tightly after each drink lest I blow the computer up.
0 Replies

sozobe

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 09:00 pm
I usually don't eat anything in front of the computer, but just now I am having some kit-kats -- purloined sozlet halloween booty. Well, sorta -- it's what we bought to give out to trick or treaters. The kiddo LOVED her chocolate, to be sure, but OY... last night was awful. She was in a perfectly sweet mood, but would NOT go to sleep. Toss, turn, sit up, modified headstand, somersault, flop down, roll over... and on and on and on until 2:00 am... Shocked

So, I haven't given her any more today, and this is my chance at having some myself. Very Happy
bandylu2

Fri 1 Nov, 2002 09:05 pm
Sounds like a classic chocolate high.
0 Replies

jespah

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 02:59 pm
Oooh, ya notice how the men have not confessed? Hmmm.

My water is also in a screw-top bottle, so that I can re-cap it after each swig. 'Course water might do the keyboard good (I need to clean ... oops, there was another confession...).

I am just about ready to head over to bandylu's if you're having chocolate cake for breakfast. Can't be any worse than Coco-Puffs(TM), plus, there's milk and eggs in the cake. It's kinda wholesome and, with milk, eggs and wheat flour, it hits three food groups.

I feel so virtuous all of a sudden. :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 03:47 pm
Ripe brie in gingersnaps is delicious.
0 Replies

Alexandra

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 04:16 pm
Chocolate fan....or cheese crackers if chocolate is already eaten...but don't eat anythign in front of PC or TV...usually take some while passing by....(and I do pass by too often, btw) Razz

Alexandra
0 Replies

bandylu2

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 07:17 pm
jespah, you've made my chocolate cake sound so very healthy it doesn't sound as delicious any more. Oh well, there's always potato chips.
0 Replies

JerryR

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 10:45 pm
Hahahahaha!!

Jespah made me think of that old Bill cosby routine, where he gave the kids chocolate cake for breakfast, and they were dancing around singing:"Dad is great, give us the chocolate cake",..and then his wife wakes up and kills him!

OK,..junk food,..I have an obsession with Triscuits,..don't know why,..but they're my favorite snack cracker!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 10:54 pm
That is one of my favorite Cosby skits.....And Triscuits are quite tasty.....

I know my Mom will probably see this, so I'd better be honest.....

I have a thing for peanuts.....raw, roasted, shelled.....doesn't matter. (And I adore peanut butter on banana.....yummy)

I also have a habit of eating a few (I swear) bites of ice cream in the morning while I'm waiting for my tea to brew.

For as long as I can remember, I've always craved something sweet after sleeping.

And yeah!.....Where ARE the men?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 11:10 pm
Doesn't Jerry count?
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 11:19 pm
Of course Jerry counts! Oh my!

Unless, of course, I've gotten her 'orientation' wrong.....

Was that PC? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JerryR

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 11:22 pm
Jerry's a boy!
0 Replies

JerryR

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 11:29 pm
When I was the manager of a big restaurant downtown, the line cooks were very, very homophobic, and thus, terrified of me,..at first anyway.

One night, the guy working the saute station, broke the stove. They called me down to check it out, and hopefully have it fixed.
Well, I'd been working with this type of equipment for a long time, and , thanks to my dad am a bit of a handyman, so I was able to fix it myself very quickly. As I stood up, the cook patted me on the shoulder saying, "great job Jerry, you're the MAN!",..to which I had to reply "Thanks Ryan, sometime's I am the man, and sometime's I am the woman,..that depends on who I'm with",...He turned fifteen shades of red, and I laughed for the rest of the night!!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Sat 2 Nov, 2002 11:30 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Sun 3 Nov, 2002 06:15 am
:-D Jerry, you have a snack-food harem!

And triscuits are mighty tasty! Today I'm being somewhat virtuous and am going to bake a yam (it's probably a sweet potato; I don't think you can easily find yams around here). I will even make it without sugar. Hopefully this will balance out the large bag of popcorn from yesterday and the two sugar cookies with multi-colored sprinkles.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Snack Food Confessions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:52:16