Snack Food Confessions

roger

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 09:41 pm
Pink lady? Never heard of it, but when I absolutely have to do something healthy, it has to be a Granny Smith, also from New Zealand, though margo once assured me it was Australian before they stole it.

Now, if anybody knows the trick to getting peanut butter to stick to a sliced apple, don't make a secret of it.
0 Replies

JerryR

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 07:27 am
Adding buffalo chicken tenders to my list as one of my favorite,"bar food" snacks. Arrow Drunk = ME, last night!!
0 Replies

hebba

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 07:45 am
Roger,peanut butter on apple slices!I´m getting nauseous thinking about it.Now a good piece of cheese with a Granny Smith-yummy.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 08:38 am
jes,

manioc is the English word, I'm just not sure if it corresponds to the Portuguese word. ;-)

---

PB on anything is divine. I miss PB terribly!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 09:25 am
Lots of pop corn, isn't that the reason they invented the microwave - to pop popcorn.
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 09:28 am
Jerry R - your comment way back up thataways on the thread about you being, or not, the man, is a thing of beauty and a joy forever!

Snack food - hmmmmmm - sometimes I bust out on chocolate but I tend to snack on raw almonds or cashews or dried fruit or vita weat biscuits - sometimes with a little cheese.

I am SOOOOOO not worried about shorting the computer! I drink coffee and tea and water and fruit juice and wine and scotch and whatever I damn well please near it and on it. If it wants to be dainty it can leave home!

Actually - I need to keep crap food out of the house, since I will eat it if it is there - which is such a pain if people drop in. They get nuts and anything else I can dig up.

And - one so can flirt inadvertantly!
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 09:36 am
Craven, I have a jar of Skippy smooth (unopened and the jar is made of plastic so it won't break in transit): where am I mailing it to?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 09:42 am
Popcorn and/or dark chocolate. As a buffer, carrot and/or celery sticks sprinkled with Emeril essence (okay, there's salt in it).
0 Replies

husker

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 10:17 am
T.G.I.F.
http://www.elvis-presley.org.uk/absurd/BEER.JPG
0 Replies

hebba

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 10:23 am
Weren´t those the famous glasses cast from Marie Antoinettes breasts?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 10:57 am
jespah wrote:
Craven, I have a jar of Skippy smooth (unopened and the jar is made of plastic so it won't break in transit): where am I mailing it to?

Me me me me!

Schniff, but by the time it gets here I shant be around. :-(
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 11:26 am
Peanut butter stuffed into apples (cut a big wedge, and then slice the wedge partway down) and then slathered on - that is not snack food - that is real food!
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 11:32 am
I can send the peanut butter to boot camp. Do they allow care packages there? Or will bomb-sniffing dogs inspect it and then check it for its snackability?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 11:37 am
I dunno what happens in boot. I don't even know where it will be.

But the first thing I'll do when I get stateside is eat PB, bagels and everything else I don't eat here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 11:41 am
I believe they do allow care packages, but does he deserve them? he's being awfully hmmmmmmmmmm cheeky today.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 11:43 am
Best care package I saw while in Germany was a case (not package, case) of cheese and crackers. Sharing is a rigidly enforced tradition, by the way.

Alaska? How 'bout that weather station in Thule, Greenland?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 12:17 pm
Well if you get Army I have a brother-in-law that is a DI at Fort Leonard Lost in the Woods. I can give him a heads up to give you some special treatment, lol.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 12:18 pm
Thule sounds nice roger!

JD,
Special as in more pushups?
Waaaaa
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 12:22 pm
Perhaps, but actually will defer to Deb re your treatment at boot camp, haha.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 8 Nov, 2002 05:30 pm
deferential to deb. sounds safe.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:40:51