Snack Food Confessions

JerryR

Sun 3 Nov, 2002 11:32 am
Rae, I don't mind that you though I was a "her"! Laughing

I'm still wondering where the men are!! Laughing
0 Replies

Rae

Sun 3 Nov, 2002 04:10 pm
Sniff, sniff.....thanks man.....sniff, sniff.....I feel so bad. I think I'm gonna need chocolate or something to get through this guilt..... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Diane

Sun 3 Nov, 2002 05:17 pm
chocolate
Of course you all know that chocolate is a bean, thereby filling an important position on the food pyramid.
Another combination I love is celery and peanut butter. I figure it is pretty harmless since celery has negative calories. (I should also mention that I indulge in wishful thinking.)LOL
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Sun 3 Nov, 2002 06:23 pm
Hot goat cheese mixed with green peppercorns and toasted pine nuts on cold raddichio leaves. You'll faint beware !!!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Sun 3 Nov, 2002 08:56 pm
Don't know about the rest of you, but peanut butter in celery to me is a healthy lunch, not snack food. And Algis' concoction sure sounds like a salad to me. I'm thinking that all the talk of healthy food for the past umpteen years has made some of you folks think healthy things make good snacks.

I, on the other hand, am of the old school. If it's healthy, it's not a true snack (except for the chocolate cake).
0 Replies

mckenzie

Mon 4 Nov, 2002 12:28 am
I'm a cheese-o-holic. Celery and Velveeta cheese, Triscuits, with Roquefort or Danish blue, cheese toast with extra old cheddar. With garlic dill pickles (have to have the veggie).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 6 Nov, 2002 08:49 pm
is there a snack i don't love? well yeah - i don't really care for chocolate or candies, but give me anything with salt - chips, cheese, pickles - yummmmmmmmmm

tonight i'm going to have some potato wedges from the grocery store. as a result of a wee bit of inadvertent flirting the young lad gave me a double order of wings and wedges - so after wings and salad for dinner, i'm gonna have wedges for a snack -yummmmm -nice and spicy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 6 Nov, 2002 08:58 pm
Deb calls me a tot so I might not yet be a man by her definition (I think to her that means being born in the Lincon administration) but I snack nonetheless!

I like junk food but there is less junk food available here in Brazil.

I snack on:

Papaya with Cassis (Gooseberry?) liquor, this is heavenly.
Pastel - it's a fried thingie with stuff (ranges from meats to Guava jam) inside. ALmost impossible to explain.
Coxinha - Means little thigh, it's chicken in a tear drop shaped fried dough (I think it's made of Manioc or something).
Pão de Quijo (cheesebread) this is not like anything stateside, it's made from manioc (I really don't know what it's called in English) and cheese. One of my favorite Brazilian snacks.

But Brazilians like natural foods, so I eat a lot of "real" food. Churrasco is great (I had Picanha with dan-E for lunch today).

edit:

ehBeth wrote:
as a result of a wee bit of inadvertent flirting the young lad gave me a double order of wings and wedges

Inadvertent? I sooo believe you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 6 Nov, 2002 09:27 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:

edit:

ehBeth wrote:
as a result of a wee bit of inadvertent flirting the young lad gave me a double order of wings and wedges

Inadvertent? I sooo believe you.

oh, dear. It really really was inadvertent. Apparently, geminis have a tiny bit of difficulty noticing when they're flirting. I thought i was just talking. Oh well, the dogs are happy, and I've got food for a few days as a result. 38 chicken wings! i couldn't eat a quarter of that!
0 Replies

fishin

Wed 6 Nov, 2002 09:52 pm
Ummm.. So where's the junk here? Come on people! That stuff ain't "junk"! Cheeses? Crackers? Ha!

How 'bout some Twinkies? Ho-Ho's? SuzyQ's? I ate a bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups tonight. Drank about a gallon of sweetened Iced tea too. There's a box of Oreo Double-stuffs that are calling out to me from the pantry every time I walk by... I keep a jar of jelly beans on my desk to munch on at work and one full of skittles here at home.

Ok, so I ping off the walls a little. Is that such a bad thing? Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 6 Nov, 2002 10:07 pm
Twinkies? Ho-Ho's? SuzyQ's?

what the heck are those?
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 07:19 am
Memo to self: only serve decaf to fishin'.

Inadvertent flirting, eh? That seems like a topic crying out for some discussion, or at least digression....

PS Craven, I think manioc in the US is, um, manioc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:35 am
Inadvertent, I say, inadvertent!

<stamping widdle feet>

Laughing
0 Replies

fishin

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:52 am
ehBeth wrote:
Twinkies? Ho-Ho's? SuzyQ's?

what the heck are those?

http://www.dlc.fi/~iekjonid/Snackcakes.html Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:54 am
that site tells me i'm stupid, but what the blankety-blank is a Suzy-Q!
0 Replies

hebba

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 12:00 pm
Very dry "Rich-Tea" biscuits are great with the gallons of coffee I drink(both at the work bench and the PC).Almonds..I´m crazy about almonds and they´re not messy.And that´s it really.
0 Replies

hebba

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 12:02 pm
I just remembered:a "biscuit" is English for "cookie" in case anyone was frowning at the screen.
0 Replies

fishin

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 12:09 pm
ehBeth wrote:
that site tells me i'm stupid, but what the blankety-blank is a Suzy-Q!

A "SuzyQ" is two pieces of devilsfood chocolate cake with a whipped sugar filling.

"The Suzy-Q is a typical example of mimicry in the natural world. Resembling a food item, it lies in wait in its natural habitat, the grocery store shelf. Then it dives down the throat of the unsuspecting victim, gagging it. TheSuzy-Q now turns itself inside out like a feeding starfish, and digests the victim with its potent creme filling."

Mwwwaaaahhhh!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 05:51 pm
oh gawd, that is disgusting. whipped sugar filling. yuck. yuck. yuck.
0 Replies

boomerang

Thu 7 Nov, 2002 08:19 pm
I feel pretty lucky that I never developed a thing for sweets. When I get a craving for chocolate I stop by the See's counter where you can buy an individual chocolate and get a free sample - that'll do me for a month or more.

My real weakness if for cashews and apples. I buy vats of cashews at Costco and right now I'm devoted to Pink Lady apples (from New Zealand, I think (and me in apple country no less)).

When Mr. B is out of town the only thing that resembles cooking is when I brew the morning coffee. Of course, I do add breakfast cereal to the apples and cashews to make sure my meals are balanced.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:43:33