RainSoft Manuals?

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:31 am
Anyone know where I can get owner or service manuals for a couple of Rainsoft Products (Ultrafiner Reverse Osmosis model 9590 & I think its an Amazon System, Model AM24CCT) I recently moved into a house with both systems installed but neither are currently operating, I have a real good background in ship type R/O's & water treatment systems but no experience in RainSoft & would like the Manuals before I start messing around. I am Military & really don't get paid enough to have a tech rep come out & charge an arm & leg. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Wildcat
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,130 • Replies: 5
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 11:13 am
Re: RainSoft Manuals?
sawildcat wrote:
Anyone know where I can get owner or service manuals for a couple of Rainsoft Products (Ultrafiner Reverse Osmosis model 9590 & I think its an Amazon System, Model AM24CCT) I recently moved into a house with both systems installed but neither are currently operating, I have a real good background in ship type R/O's & water treatment systems but no experience in RainSoft & would like the Manuals before I start messing around. I am Military & really don't get paid enough to have a tech rep come out & charge an arm & leg. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Wildcat

Wildcat, contact RainSoft Customer Service and request what you need. They should send it out no-charge.

Good luck
0 Replies

sawildcat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 04:38 pm
Thanx for the info H2O_MAN, I called & they E-mailed them to me the same day, Now I have another question. The manuals are helpful but very vague (For the Amazon System). It showed how to set my timers & told me when to add salt, but not where & how to add salt, I am guessing you add it to the large container beside the main unit, Now this container has water already in it, do I need to empty this out first or do I add the salt with the water to dilute it? & how much goes in? & how do I figure how many times a week I need to regenerate? any help for all or even part is appreciated

Thanx for your time
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 05:10 pm
sawildcat wrote:
Thanx for the info H2O_MAN, I called & they E-mailed them to me the same day, Now I have another question. The manuals are helpful but very vague (For the Amazon System). It showed how to set my timers & told me when to add salt, but not where & how to add salt, I am guessing you add it to the large container beside the main unit, Now this container has water already in it, do I need to empty this out first or do I add the salt with the water to dilute it? & how much goes in? & how do I figure how many times a week I need to regenerate? any help for all or even part is appreciated

Thanx for your time

You guessed correctly.

If you have less than 12" of clean water in the salt tank then go ahead and add your salt.
If it is dirty or you have sediment in the tank it is best to dump, rinse, add about 10" of clean water and fresh salt.
It depends on the number of people in the house and how hard your water is. Regenerating once or twice a week is a good start.
0 Replies

sawildcat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:04 pm
thanx again H2O, How much salt is usually added?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:35 pm
sawildcat wrote:
thanx again H2O, How much salt is usually added?

http://www.athenswater.com/images/correctsalt.JPG

Four 50 pound blocks stacked on their side as pictured or three 40 pound bags.
Diamond Crystal is a very good brand - bag or block.
0 Replies