Logic Riddle Collections

cmellon

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 10:17 pm
My mistake.... markr answered it correctly Very Happy

Here is the next riddle:

There are two chefs who both want to take salt and sugar in two different containers. In order to take sugar and salt, the chefs need to use gloves. There are two gloves, both right hand gloves.

The chef can not mix the salt and sugar with the same glove. In other words, the same glove can't be used to take both sugar and salt. The chef also can not use a glove that has been used by the other chef.

Both chefs must take the salt and sugar themselves, can't ask the other chef to help.

How can they do it?
0 Replies

cmellon

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 10:23 pm
I will add some information to the previous riddle a little bit.

The reason that the chef does not want to use a glove who has been used by the other chef is because of skin disease. If one chef already wears the glove on his hand, there is a potential skin disease that may be contagious to the other chef.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 11:24 pm
This sounds similar to the riddle where a man has safe sex with three women and uses only two condoms.

Call the chefs X and Y, and the gloves A and B.

Chef X:
- puts on glove A
- puts glove B over glove A
- takes salt (salt is now associated with glove B)
- removes glove B
- takes sugar (sugar is now associated with glove A)
- removes glove A

Chef Y:
- puts on glove B
- takes salt
- puts on glove A
- takes sugar

Chef X touched only the inside of glove A.
Chef Y touched only the inside of glove B.
Salt touched only the outside of glove B.
Sugar touched only the outside of glove A.
0 Replies

cmellon

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 06:59 pm
markr answered it correctly.

Next riddle:

You have two ropes with different length and material. You also have one lighter.

When you burn a rope, it takes 1 hour to burn it completely. Though the other rope has different material and length, it also takes the same 1 hour to burn it completely.

The question is: How can you get 45 minutes out of 2 ropes and 1 lighter. You can not fold the ropes, tear the ropes, or use approximation (such as if I burn approximately 3/4 of the length of the ropes, it's 45 minutes).
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:53 am
Light both ends of one rope and one end of the other.
In half an hour, the first rope will be consumed, and the second rope will have half an hour left. Light the other end of the second rope. It will be consumed in 15 minutes.
0 Replies

kekho thongminh

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:14 pm
Because A doesn't say anything, B knows that B and C have either white and black or white and white! (if B and C were wearing 2 black, A would have known the answer which should have been white!)
Since B doesn't say anything, C knows that his hat is white! (if C wore black hat, B would have said "white").
0 Replies

kekho thongminh

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:21 pm
I begin to like this board! Smile
0 Replies

Dark Dealer

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:25 am
I agree with markr
Also when is the next riddle, and where do u get all of these cmellon, cos they are better than most of the others on the riddle forum.

Keep goin cos im injoyin this greatly. *^_^*
Dark
0 Replies

Dark Dealer

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:27 am
Also, do any of u people know how do i get my status up like from just hatched to newbie to whateva is next.
Any help is welcome
Thanx
Dark
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:25 am
Quote:
Also, do any of u people know how do i get my status up like from just hatched to newbie to whateva is next.
Any help is welcome
Thanx
Dark

Keep posting messages ... one day you will be a newbie Smile
0 Replies

Dark Dealer

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:22 am
Thanx Vinsan, ^_^

Dark
0 Replies