Who doesn't love Ellen?

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 09:34 am
Ellen DeGeneres that is. I love this statement she had in regard to attending a football game with George Bush.

She the addressed the criticism she faced because of being seen laughing with Bush, saying "People were upset."

"They thought, why is a gay Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative Republican president?" DeGeneres asked. " A lot of people were mad. And they did what people do when they're mad... they tweet."

"But just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean that I'm not going to be friends with them," she said. "When I say, 'be kind to one another,' I don't only mean the people that think the same way that you do. I mean be kind to everyone."

blatham

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 09:37 am
@Linkat,
She's right. Her critics on this are stupid and they're assholes.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 10:18 am
Bush only destabilized the middle east, created the forever wars, got millions of innocents killed, crashed the economy, failed to respond properly to Katrina - but he's cute and he paints little pictures. What's not to like?
blatham

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 10:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Lock him up.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 03:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Bush only destabilized the middle east, created the forever wars, got millions of innocents killed,

All of that is entirely the fault of the Middle East and their aggression against us. No blame attaches either to Bush or to the US in general.

edgarblythe wrote:
crashed the economy,

That was hardly Bush's doing.

edgarblythe wrote:
failed to respond properly to Katrina -

He responded properly. It's not his fault that hurricanes cause lots of damage.

edgarblythe wrote:
but he's cute and he paints little pictures. What's not to like?

What I don't like is the way Bush betrayed Scooter Libby and refused to pardon him after the Democrats lynched him.

Trump is a much better president. When the Democrats tried to lynch Justice Kavanaugh, Trump's support for him was unwavering.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 03:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
The whole thought of this is that everyone has different viewpoints on politics -

I bet you know people that have entirely different viewpoints than yourself that are very nice and kind people - fun people. You don't discuss politics with them and you simply enjoy their company.

That is what is so great about someone like Ellen - she likes the person - he might have a sense of humor like her, maybe they both love horses or same sitcom.

You do not know the Bush's personally so how the heck could you know whether you would like them or not.

But you are not being kind as Ellen suggests - you an only point out things you think he is responsible for - there is whole government out there during that time with all sorts of different backgrounds.

I am not delving into politics but complementing on someone that is big enough to see through others that have differences and see the good part of that person.

This is the same thing I have always told my kids - you don't have to be good friends with everyone, but you need to be kind to everyone.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 05:32 pm
For some odd reason, I don't like his kind of criminal.
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 05:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Can you cite any law that he has violated?
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 08:55 pm
Coffee.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 09:26 am
@edgarblythe,
Apparently Hitler was charming company once you forget about all the political stuff.

Pol Pot was a right laugh.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 09:56 am
There is a softness in dealing with these people that leads to softness in political resolve. I'm no radical outlier, but I'm for resolve and toughness.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 10:12 am
@edgarblythe,
So, Ellen should have flipped him off and called him names?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 10:33 am
@neptuneblue,
That's how you treat people or what?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 10:41 am
@edgarblythe,
There's quite a bit between chatting like a couple of old buddies and telling them to eff off, quite a bit.

I never really liked DeGeneres I find her annoying.

Hearing about her with Bush hasn't changed my opinion at all.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 10:46 am
@izzythepush,
I just haven't understood why people give a pass to destructiveness.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 10:55 am
@edgarblythe,
I know. If I don't like someone I'm usually very polite, but brief and to the point. I don't try to engage with them, especially not a war criminal like Bush.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 12:40 pm
@izzythepush,
What war crimes has W committed? Or crimes of any sort for that matter?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 12:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I just haven't understood why people give a pass to destructiveness.

It's because when you are fighting to protect against the bad guys, destructiveness is a good thing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Apparently Hitler was charming company once you forget about all the political stuff.

Pol Pot was a right laugh.

They committed unforgivable atrocities. Has W committed any atrocities?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 12:46 pm
@oralloy,
Yes. Guantanamo Bay. An illegal war in Iraq. He's a war criminal and if Western leaders were held to the same standards as the leaders of developing countries he would currently be in a cell in the Hague.

And Tony Blair.

1. Forums
  2. » Who doesn't love Ellen?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:55:07