New Contender for Worst Film Ever

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 11:13 am
Just do what I do when I go to a particular boring or bad movie with my daughter - take advantage of the quiet and nap!

It was the best $8 (or whatever price they charge now) spendt in my life. How often does a mother of a 6 and 2 year old get a well desired nap?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 11:38 am
Oh, you're the one who's disturbing the movie by snoring all the way through it! Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:29 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
(You are now obligated to watch "Howard the Duck" 100 times). Very Happy :wink:

Hey, I never said Howard the Duck didn't belong on the list, just not at the top of it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:48 pm
<gasp> I didn't know that I snore!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 02:47 pm
Granted you also didn't say it was the worse but there are absolutely no redeeming features in that movie so my punishment stands. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Very Happy (I'm just joustin' with ya.)
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 03:39 pm
Well, I was eleven when I saw it--it seemed amusing then. Of course, I also liked Vanilla Ice's music when it first came out...perhaps my critical artistic sensibilities weren't quite developed then. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 04:56 pm
Okay, you can come out of the corner then.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 05:40 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Okay, you can come out of the corner then.

Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 05:45 pm
Has anyone mentioned how much I (love) Huckabees stinks like a six day dead carp?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:10 pm
Won't even go near that movie and I usually try to endure even those that I have good sources to avoid. I can smell it from here (in the OC, Ca), Joe.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 02:40 pm
I have been reluctant to offer a Finnish film in this category (in a patriotic belief that no Finnish product could sink to the depths of certain Hollywood disasters, but if I have to select a candidate it would probably have to be The Book of Fate (Kohtalon kirja, 2003), but there are ameliorating circumstances.

This film is in fact an exam project from a number of Finnish art students, the director, screenwriter and basically all crew and main cast had never made a film before, which goes a long way to excuse the flaws of the movie.

The main obstacle is the mabition the makers had to include various genres of action film (horor, western, war, spy thriller and space adventure) in one storyline, but their screen writer did not succeed well enough in keeping it all together. Furthermore it is very obvious that the movie had to be made with no budget at all (In fact you could say the effects are rather well done al things considered, but for instance the karate scenes are terrible and make up is not always professional either).

So, I am in dubio about this film. On the one hand considering who made it and with what resources, I think it is not that bad. I have seen big budget film that are far worse. But on the other hand it should perhaps not have been released into the theatres, but kept for late night television. I doubt very strongly any of you in the US will ever come accross this odd flick, but if you do view at your own risk.

Incidentally, this film totallly free from the gratuitous sex that features in most modern Finnish film, so no P-13 rating needed.
0 Replies