you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,139 • Replies: 62
No top replies

quiet sunshine

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:52 pm
I couldn't understand your question quite well. Where I live is my home.
0 Replies

Priamus

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 10:34 pm
Where my family is and who gives me a job.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:05 pm
My home is where I feel most free to be my truest self.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 04:56 pm
But what is your truest self Lady Aidan?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 05:53 am
My truest self is a mass of contradictions. I am flexible, yet stubborn- sentimental, yet realistic- funny, yet serious-loyal, yet unable to commit. Sometimes my favorite color is yellow - other times it's red. Sometimes I love summer and other times I long for winter. Sometimes I'm the life of the party, and other times I just want peace and solitude. Sometimes I feel like I'll never get there, and other times I know I've already arrived.

And my home is wherever I am with people who know and believe all of the above about me - and like having me around anyway.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 04:20 pm
There is frustration in your vocabulary. Why?
What or who can give rise to such contradictions of one's psyche?

You are indeed an interesting person indeed. It would be something unique to talk with you over a period of time. If of course your mood would agree.

There is a great deal of the little girl lost in your being. Yet you show expressions of high intelligence and a desire to be satiated with security, almost as if you have been badly let down, in one or more of many manners.

Welcome to my world Aidan.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 04:27 pm
Dear Mathos - You are indeed humorous - if not also perceptive. I greatly appreciate your warm welcome - Aidan.

P.S. I'm working my tail off over there on those games - where did your buddies go?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 04:32 pm
There will always be warmth for you Aidan.

Take care my dear Lady. x
0 Replies

val

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 05:32 am
Re: where is your home ?
brahmin

Quote:
Where is your home?

Here.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:24 pm
well, I live in Manhattan. It's a lovely place to be. A2k isi a nice place to live as well. Welcome to all. (Even Mathos)
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:44 pm
Home is where your heart is.....dear to remember
0 Replies

val

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 04:49 am
Lola

Good point.
"Here" is this place where I live. I mean Lisbon, not A2K. Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 06:19 am
We moved last week. On the way to take another load of "stuff" to our new house, my son asked if I was going to be happy at the new house.

I said I can be happy where ever I am, for my happiness resides within. It is up to me to decide if I am happy or not, no matter where I might be. Where I am, so is my happiness.

So he asked again, "So, do you think you will be happy at the new house?"

"Um, yes, since that is where I will be, I will be happy for as long as I choose to be happy. What about you?"

"Yeah, I like the new house alot. I'll be happy there."

(I knew he didn't want a philisophical answer, but sometimes I can't resist. I get some great "eye rolling")
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:23 am
kids.........they never appreciate their parent's finer points.

Val, welcome to a2k anyway, even if you live in Lisbon. Some of us do actually live in a2k.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:30 am
Home is where my rump rests.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:03 pm
Lola wrote:
well, I live in Manhattan. It's a lovely place to be. A2k isi a nice place to live as well. Welcome to all. (Even Mathos)

Hi Lola,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the trouble to include me in your 'welcome.'

Now when I next dis-embark in The Big Apple, no doubt JFK, I will be able to contact you, treat you to a slap up meal, nice bottle of Don P and you can sing my praises with conviction on A2K.

Why, you could even show me around town? Let me know how you feel about that some time. I'm a patient man, no need to panic, take your time.. Rome wasn't built in a day. I am glad to see you following dispite the time factor. x
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:09 pm
home for me is Albq NM
wich is far from where I am right now..
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:33 pm
Where the heck ARE you, shewolf? I hope you're having fun! Smile

brahmin, why don't you know where your home is? Are you lost?

I love your reply, squinney and it is so very true. Home is where the happiness lies and happiness is where the home lies for me. I too have just recently moved (what a pain, huh?), to a part of the country, to a state, to a town I had never been to before in my life! All in the name of happiness. As Algis pointed out, home truly IS where your heart is.

Good luck on the move! And tell the Bear hey. Smile
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:17 pm
Mathos wrote:
Lola wrote:

Hi Lola,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the trouble to include me in your 'welcome.'

Now when I next dis-embark in The Big Apple, no doubt JFK, I will be able to contact you, treat you to a slap up meal, nice bottle of Don P and you can sing my praises with conviction on A2K.

Why, you could even show me around town? Let me know how you feel about that some time. I'm a patient man, no need to panic, take your time.. Rome wasn't built in a day. I am glad to see you following dispite the time factor. x

Next time you're in town, give me a little ringy dingy. It would be lovely to meet you. The MG and I will have you over to our place. Or we could meet you. I love meeting on line friends. It's so often a big surprise.
0 Replies