where is your home ?

Mathos

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 03:25 pm
That is a wonderful gesture of goodwill Lola, I thank you for such kindness, and my comments be equally endorsed to The MG.

Thank you so much.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 03:48 pm
you're welcome.......now you must behave. Laughing
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 03:52 pm
Can you explain, exactly how you are interpreting the word behave Lola?

It could have extremely difficult bearings on me should I agree to your request, not really knowing what you meant. :wink:
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 03:54 pm
you and Spendi make up please.......
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 04:01 pm
Well, we haven't really fallen out with each other.

He's just a typical tyke from Yorkshire, they are different Lola. Some Professors of History, are actually considering mass DNA of the county to ascertain if they could be the only true descendants of neanderthal man.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 04:15 pm
now i am really comming to know where everyone's homes are !!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:32 pm
I told you mine........Manhattan. Let's see the others be so honest.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 11:34 pm
I have no problem being honest - my home right now is in Somerset, England. Anyone else want to share-honestly?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:47 am
I'll be honest! Four weeks ago it was Santa Rosa, California and now it is Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. By the end of August it should be Edmond, Oklahoma. Big difference, but I am loving every minute of it! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:02 am
I hope you have a nice garden there in Edmond, Lady J, and enjoy the rural life. My father went to school in Edmond many years ago. It's a suburb now of OK city isn't it?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:35 am
Lola:-

If they keep on practicing birth control against the advice of His Holiness there'll be nothing but suburbs soon and that's only a short-termers conclusion.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:39 am
if they are practicing birth control (as any sane person would do) it seems the population should decrease........did you make a boo boo?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:33 am
Think it through sweetie.

And have a look at pop'n growth figures.

Plus a few other things as well.Not least your last statement on the Romance is rape idea.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:34 am
no, I don't like to think.........you tell me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 10:57 am
Well Lola-it is pretty complicated actually.It's complex as well.

One place to begin thinking about it is to say to yourself "hey-hang on a minute-would an institution as powerful and as long a lasting and staffed by a European elite be stupid and little old big head me be the brain box round here?"

Yeah-that's one place to start thinking from.And especially when you have just witnessed the death of a Pope and the choosing of a new one dominate world news for two weeks and somedays to the exclusion of everything else.It's no good saying that you can't understand that.Somebody must understand it.It happened.The Pope IS important.

Surely one has to listen to what they have to say at the very least.There's no jobs for the favourites either in there.

It may be that the faithful are simply asked to believe because the explanation is a bit "gritty".One can so easily,being subjective,start the argument in the wrong place.That's red-herring city.

That's far enough.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 12:48 pm
How long must one listen before one decides one has heard enough?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:32 pm
What's the problem?All phenomena are interesting aren't they.

It is a sort of home.They say sometimes "The Conservative Party is his true home."

We have lot's of homes.Literature is the best one though.Snuggling up on the sofa with a book you want to never end.Like Proust.A bottle of wine,a mild toke,just enough to allow the hallucinations to kick in but not enough to cause you to be unable to follow them.Like when you were a kid.Whole summer afternoons reading wild adventure stories that have you by the throat.

Then you have to bloody well grow up and every minute is as real as real gets.That's all they can do on the soaps.A proper movie of Salammbo would cost $200m just to do the feast.

You've been out of yourself in many a book.Or even a movie.On the back of a shiek's black mare jumping crevasses and your hair blowin' in the wind to who knows what.Have you not done that Lola?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:34 pm
Hey Lola:-

That Trivia is like a bell push for you.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:35 pm
A little white Dutch Colonial.

<- there
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:46 pm
He would have no choice.Literature would be the only home he could be in.
0 Replies