Worse than forcing your religion down someones throat......

Chai

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:22 am
Oh my God, it's zucchini season.

The time of year when your neighbors and co-workers gardens explode. You likely to open a desk drawer or your mail box and find half a dozen stuffed in there...... Shocked

I know many people like zucchini, but i have to put so much stuff on it to make it taste like at least something, it's not worth it. Sad

Next will come the peaches, then the tomatos (both are delecious, but not by the bushel.)

Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong. I guess no ones home, I'll just leave this 50lb sack of zucchini on the front porch. Twisted Evil

Yay! More Zucchini!!! Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,785 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:26 am
I will take a bushel of the Zucchini and a bushel of fresh Peaches any day.

We city folk would love to have this problem. Do you know what fresh produce costs around here?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:36 am
I'm not in the country. I'm in Austin Tx. I'm talking zuc's from a postage stamp sized garden. They grow like they're on steroids.

And oh, a bushel? when one goes bad, they all go....eeeeech.

You must have a big family.

Actually - I'm posting this thread just poking fun.

It's like you leave your office one minute, and the "zucchini lady" has left her "gift"
They don't want that much either ebrown.

It's a friendlier version of leaving a baby on your doorstep.

How much does various produce cost in Bean Town?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:37 am
Chocolate zucchini cake is delicious.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:43 am
It must be about 25 years ago The Denver Post had a similar article entitled "Zucchini Will Inherit the Earth". I guess some things never change.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:56 am
Speaking of religion, I feel a great emptiness in my life and am searching for something to give me meaning...

Can anyone help?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 12:13 pm
fried zucchini, zucchini a la mode, zucchini flambe, zucchini glace, skewered, barbequed, baked, stewed, zucchini fondue, makes a great doorstop, serves as a cudgel in a pinch, as a base for a fertility statue, a bookmark, pincushion, a way to get rid of late staying company "Hey, want some zucchini?" hair rollers, rolling pin, candle holder......
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 06:27 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Speaking of religion, I feel a great emptiness in my life and am searching for something to give me meaning...

Can anyone help?

Unseasoned mushrooms on the grill with a couple mesquite chips on the coals. Earth meets wood, sunlight chases shadow across a billowing field. Very spiritual.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 11:32 am
I finally had a chance to have zucchini flowers stuffed with goat cheese, served with a dollop of tomato cream sauce.
It was, y'know, a sort of mystical experience...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 12:11 pm
We all need a good religion, Brown. We've just got to have something to blame when bad things happen to good people.

Oh, it's produce here, isn't it. In this small New Mexican town, tomatoes that taste somewhat like garden grown tomatoes usually go for around 3.99/lb. In other words, about 30% more that extra lean ground beef.
0 Replies