a paint question

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 04:25 am
I was wondering if anyone knows what paints can be used on windows that will come off, but withstand the elements. I have a job to do for a trucking company that wants they're graphic and some slogans on they're large window and I want to know if anyone has done this or knows what exactly to use. thank you in advance!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 802 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:07 am
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:10 am
You've posed the eternal hardware store question: How can I make something permanent, be kind of temporary or something temporary last as long as possible.

Almost any paint will stick to glass, (clean glass, that is) and will come off with a razor blade scraper. I assume they want you to do their logo and some marketing solgans. Use acrylic latexs if you want an easier removal, use oil-based artist paints for a more permanent, but not eternal, work.

Hey, and make sure that the windows haven't been pre-tinted with something that will scrape off with the paint....

Joe(hey, can you paint on the inside of the windows or does it look funny)Nation
0 Replies