Its that time of the month. Will you eat chocolate with me?

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:04 pm
CHOCOLATE : the Psychoactive Cocktail
Chocolate contains small quantities of anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid found in the brain. Sceptics claim one would need to consume several pounds of chocolate to gain any very noticeable psychoactive effects; and eat a lot more to get fully stoned. Yet it's worth noting that N-oleolethanolamine and N-linoleoylethanolamine, two structural cousins of anandamide present in chocolate, both inhibit the metabolism of anandamide. It has been speculated that they promote and prolong the feeling of well-being induced by anandamide.
Chocolate contains caffeine. But the caffeine is present only in modest quantities. It is easily obtained from other sources.

Chocolate's theobromine content may contribute to - but seems unlikely to determine - its subtle but distinctive psychoactive profile. Surprisingly, perhaps, recent research suggests that pure theobromine may be superior to opiates as a cough medicine due to its action on the vagus nerve.

Chocolate also contains tryptophan. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid. It is the rate-limiting step in the production of the mood-modulating neurotransmitter serotonin. Enhanced serotonin function typically diminishes anxiety. Yet tryptophan can normally be obtained from other sources as well; and only an unusually low-protein, high-carbohydrate meal will significantly increase its rate of intake into the brain.

Like other palatable sweet foods, consumption of chocolate triggers the release of endorphins, the body's endogenous opiates. Enhanced endorphin-release reduces the chocolate-eater's sensitivity to pain. Endorphins probably contribute to the warm inner glow induced in susceptible chocaholics.

----------------------------------------------------
blah..blah..blah..blah.. there ya go. Good reasons to eat it.
So lets munch.

MMmmmmm.... chocolate.
It is soo good, im sucking it off my fingers right now just so I can finish typing.

Did you know that small mounts of chocolate ( about an ounce ) CURBS the side effects of a womans period? Reduce stress and give an over all sense of well-being?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i need some more..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,979 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:27 pm
Quote:
MMmmmmm.... chocolate.
It is soo good, im sucking it off my fingers right now just so I can finish typing.

My endorphins are releasing right now and I am getting a warm inner glow. :-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:29 pm
Hey, mine too! I just ate everything in my house so I suppose hogging down some chocolate won't hurt....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:40 pm
Shocked

what kind'a release are you having right now?
Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:05 pm
I just ate the rest of my dark chocolate M&Ms and I am in heaven.

As an additional plus of chocolates - women who ate chocolate while pregnant have more content and happier babies - I actually read a report on this - no wonder my babies were so happy!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:07 pm
I am currently enjoying an over all sense of well-being. :-o
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:21 pm
I think it is because they are in the womb of a happy content woman. ;-)

My favorite 'cheap' brand of chocolate is Ghiradelli with caramel.
OOOOOOOOOoohhhhh man that is good.

There is a chocolate that is something outrageous per pound.. I think 42.00$ ?
I tried it once and just about hit my knees.
It was creamy, very smooth light taste.
>sigh<
0 Replies

C1eopatra

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:58 pm
No no noooooooooo!

I've recently figured out that the chocolate that was supposed to be making me feel better during the fun part of the month was what was bringing on these massive migraines.

I'll pass!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:11 pm
All I got is a King size Hersheys milk chocolate bar with almonds.

Mmmm..

Why did the line from Babe "That'll do, Pig. That'll do." just come to mind? What was I thinking buying a KING size bar?)
0 Replies

C1eopatra

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:19 pm
squinney wrote:
All I got is a King size Hersheys milk chocolate bar with almonds.

Mmmm..

Why did the line from Babe "That'll do, Pig. That'll do." just come to mind? What was I thinking buying a KING size bar?)

Just an obvious, but perhaps overlooked suggestion -

You don't have to eat it all at once.

Wink
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:23 pm
Shocked

Really?
0 Replies

C1eopatra

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:16 pm
squinney wrote:
Shocked

Really?

I know - I couldn't believe it either.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:46 pm
Damn, chocolate.... and I just brushed my teeth.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:00 am
C1eopatra wrote:

Just an obvious, but perhaps overlooked suggestion -

You don't have to eat it all at once.

Wink

HA!
no. a bite at a time will do.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:10 am
Just wait until you get to have "girl time" with bean in a few years, shewolf.

You can curl up on the bed together and eat chocolate while watching a favorite show. Ours is Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill.

The funny thing is, Gracie even joins us on the bed (pre-puppies) for girl time. If we disappear on Tuesday night she knows just where to find us, and she brings her bone with her, knowing she isn't gonna get any chocolate.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:21 am
C1eopatra wrote:
No no noooooooooo!

I've recently figured out that the chocolate that was supposed to be making me feel better during the fun part of the month was what was bringing on these massive migraines.

I'll pass!

I can eat chocolate like i breathe air. But it gives me cramps from friggn hell whenever iam attracting sharks. aything even remotely chocolate based sends me into a fetal possition for hours.... its torture, staring at hershey bars and truffles, and not being able to eat any..... *AHHHH*
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:22 am
you buy it, you eat it. that's how it works. what do you mean you don't have to eat it all at once? sheesh! unbelievable.

...i'm in vienna for half a year. you wouldn't believe the pastries here. and chocolate on them... to die for...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:30 am
ooooo send me some dag...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:17 am
Ever tried a Sacher torte? Mmmmmmmmm...<thud>

http://www.iscahm.com/_data/gallery/Chocolate_Opera_Cake_Sacher_Torte.jpg
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:04 am
littlek wrote:
Damn, chocolate.... and I just brushed my teeth.

Don't worry about it. Reassuring research has shown that chocolate itself is not the cause of tooth decay and in point of tasty fact there are antioxidants and the cocoa butter have healthy qualities for the teeth. What causes the tooth decay is related more to poor oral hygiene and excessive amounts of sugar. So the idea is to gorge on chocolate; but go with lower sugar content, and of course to brush and floss. I personally prefer to dine on chocolate after having brushed and flossed, or at least flossed my teeth. Here is an interesting link (I hope) Chocolate fights tooth decay If it doesn't work then just google a chocolate tooth decay topic and watch in joyous glee as the hits appear.
0 Replies