Good Car Discussion Sites?

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 09:56 am
Well, the current crop is huge, and the art and technology of building cars has advanced so much more than you'd think possible in thirty years.

Is there a truly "bad" car out there still being sold? There are certainly some ugly ones, but bad?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:54 pm
Why not "Car Talk"?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 01:20 pm
Isn't that a radio program? Is there an Internet version of it?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 01:23 pm
i used to work for a online car site so unfortunately i know them all too well, the most independent info comes from these two (most of the sites like autotrader and stuff just license these twos info)

www.edmunds.com
www.kbb.com (kelly blue book)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 01:30 pm
Those I know about. Thanks though.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:05 pm
Yes "car Talk" is online and they have some good forums.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:47 pm
The cartalk forum is, hmmmm, entertaining, and sometimes useful.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:48 pm
while i listen to cartalk on occasion - particularly when we are out for a drive on a saturday morning -, i find that their information is often not very useful (sometimes even wrong) - entertaining ? yes ! hbg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:15 pm
ehBeth wrote:

Yes, but is an AK47 really needed to catch bass?

An AK won't do it but a 100-lb bomb works wonderfully well. A guy my brother used to work for a long time ago was an old German master mechanic who'd been on the Russian front working for Adolf Hitler when he was around 14; he once told me that the best strategy they had for getting food was usually to have Hans Rudel or one of those guys drop a bomb in the water from a Stuka and scoopup all the fish which got waxed.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:33 pm
No offense to any owners, but do NOT consider buying a Neon. They're total dog-sh!t. When I worked at the used dealership, we had lenders that wouldn't give loans on them. They're so loosely built...put any miles on them and they practically fall apart. Lenders knew they'd be screwed on resale if they had to repo them. Eh, Chrysler in general SUCKS when it comes to longetivity...believe me. Yes, I understand certain people have had good luck...but from selling a number of them, they suck overall.

But CJ, if you like the actual "driving experience," I'd consider a Mini. They're fun as hell, solid, and surprisingly have room up front. Another great choice is the Civic coupe 5-speed. An EX is more than 15K new I think, but grab a 1-2 year old one. They handle well, pretty fun to drive. What else...Nissan Sentra SE-R is pretty quick...used Acura RSX(firm/harsh ride, but fun, based on Civic), used Jetta 1.8 turbo or VR6. A Jetta VR6 5-speed was the closest thing to the 3-series I had for a lot cheaper. Miata too gay/unpractical?

I think motortrend.com has a decent forum.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
May be true for the car lines but the trucks aren't so bad. My six cylinder '93 Dakota 4x4 is still going strong.
0 Replies