How do I get started?

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:20 am
Hello everyone. I'm 16 years old and am going to be a junior in high school this coming year. In the past, I have been in a few plays, tried out for a movie (made the first cut but not the second because they prefer someone over 18), had singing lessons, and am currently taking guitar lessons. Soccer takes a big part in my life, but acting is my main love. Ever since I was 3, I've wanted to be an actress, whether in a small play, Broadway, or even a film. I love the thought of imagining yourself as someone else, and going into a world different than your own. My only problem is, how do I get started? I've had the chances, but being so young has gotten in the way. Now that I'm getting older, I think it's time I get serious. Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 760 • Replies: 2
No top replies

voldemort

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 12:30 pm
i think the best thing u can do is to keep doing what u've been doing. i mean, if u've gotten as far as a first cut for a movie, you have gone much farther than many of us! try-out for a role that needs a younger star, or perhaps join the choir at your school. many actors and actresses dont get their start until after high school or until a few years into college. yes, there are many kids who have roles, but they're the lucky ones! i think that ur pretty lucky if u even were considered for a movie! that show's that u've got talent! just hang in there and try not to rush into things. if u are as serious as u say u r, your time will come, and when it does, you'll have the time of your life!

suggestions: perhaps there are some broadway shows that look for a teen who would be willing to travel, but most shows are based in NYC, so you would have to be willing to make that move, if ur not already there or near there. i know that many stars got their start on broadway, so that may be a good start for u. when filmmakers go to see these shows, they talk to the cast and sometimes offer them jobs.

thats all for now. i know that stuff because it is my dream to be on Broadway! anyways, good-luck and im sorry if i gave u absolutely no help! lol i just kind of rambled on!
0 Replies

subtleone

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 02:22 am
You seem to know more than I do about the road to fame, but you might want to check out this thread for some things to think about...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55266

In case the link doesn't work, it's the topic in this forum entitled "help me please."

-m
0 Replies