Bernie I like. It is his supporters I can't stand.

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 05:39 pm
I am kind of on the fence about whether Bernie Sanders is responsible for the awful behavior of his supporters. I have never heard Bernie resort to personal attacks (especially not on Democrats).

And yet his supporters are all about nastiness, including sleazy attacks on Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren (who Bernie respects and considers a friend). This is not the campaign that Bernie is running, nor is it who Bernie is as a person.

Should Bernie say something to get his supporters to shut up? Can he continue to run a campaign when his supporters are working against him to break up the progressive coalition that he is trying to build?

I suspect that the behavior of his supporters makes it more likely that he will drop out of the race before the end because he doesn't want to risk damaging the party. He likes Elizabeth Warren, and I think he will drop out when it becomes clear that if he doesn't Biden will take the nomination.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 404 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 06:23 pm
@maxdancona,
There is definitely some truth to what you are saying.
I don't hold anything against Bernie Sanders himself.
Bernie Sanders himself is okay in my book.
For the record, Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden are also okay in my book.

I don't think all Bernie supporters are what you describe, but there are clearly some who are exactly what you describe.

Two examples are Lash and Edgar.

That attitude that Bernie has to win the nomination or else, is very divisive.
0 Replies