What sites should I go to to ask questions about using and learning Adobe Flash Pro/Animate?

Sat 13 Jul, 2019 05:19 am
Hi. I am interested in learning how to use Adobe Flash Pro/Animate. I want to make my own 2-D animated cartoons using Adobe Flash Pro/Animate and showcase them online with the intention of capitalizing off of them.

Newgrounds.com is an online community that showcases 2-D Flash Pro/Animate cartoons and they have forums in which I can ask questions about learning and using Adobe Flash Pro/Animate, but as of the time of the posting of this question, I ran into a problem using that site.

Adobe has its own community forums:

https://forums.adobe.com

and they have a section of the forums where I can ask questions about Adobe Flash Pro/Animate, but the Adobe Community and Newgrounds are the only online communities I can go to that I can think of to to ask questions about this.

What other sites are there?

Please help- thank you.

jespah

Sat 13 Jul, 2019 05:43 am
@JGoldman10,
https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/tutorials.html

No, go to Adobe's tutorials ^ not the forums.
JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jul, 2019 10:02 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for responding Jespah. There are other sites out there that showcase Flash cartoons and games like Newgrounds.

Do you know of any off-hand? If not, I'll keep digging around.

These other sites ought to have forums, or some areas on them where people can ask questions about learning and using Adobe Flash Pro/Animate.

Why can't I go to the Adobe Community forums and ask specific questions about the functionality of Adobe Flash Pro/Animate?
tsarstepan

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 07:52 am
@JGoldman10,
You asked variations on this question several times already. And still, we don't have active members who are in the animation community to answer this.

JGoldman10 wrote:

Why can't I go to the Adobe Community forums and ask specific questions about the functionality of Adobe Flash Pro/Animate?

Why do you think anyone here would know the answer to this question? Maybe they have a paywall to answer people who have questions about the product. Maybe they only answer questions for people who don't own illegal copies of the software. I don't know your situation well enough. I don't know how well Adobe treats their customers (legit or otherwise).

Have you considered sticking around Youtube and following animator's channels and either asking questions in their video comment section pages? Maybe choosing to support one or two (of your favorites) Patreon pages and asking them directly.

You can try DMing them questions but they might not have time to answer tech questions without the Patreon or Patreon adjacent incentives.

Youtube recommended this video to me this morning... probably because I follow a lot of animation review Youtube channels and to a lesser degree (animation creator channels).
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:15 am
Someone on Yahoo! Answers told me I could ask people on DeviantArt and Reddit about learning and using Adobe Flash Pro/Animate.

Does anyone here know anything about this?

Has anyone here ever tried doing this?
tsarstepan

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:16 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Someone on Yahoo! Answers told me I could ask people on DeviantArt and Reddit about learning and using Adobe Flash Pro/Animate.

You put ANY faith in any reply on Yahoo! Answers? That's funny and depressing at the same time. Especially for someone who's been active online for so many years.

Quote:
Does anyone here know anything about this?

Has anyone here ever tried doing this?

I'll give you one guess yes or no to your own question.
Hint: It's obviously not the latter option.

The answer is..
NO one here would know whether this is or isn't true.

If you got the answer you are looking for ... over there? Why don't you try putting it to practice and ask these questions on Reddit and DeviantArt?
JGoldman10

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:19 am
@tsarstepan,
Have you tried talking to people on DeviantArt or Reddit about learning Adobe Flash Pro/Animate?

I never tried asking anyone on these sites how to use any animation software. I don't know how that works.
tsarstepan

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:24 am
@JGoldman10,
Why would I? I have no interest in Adobe Flash Pro/Animate programs.
JGoldman10

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:39 am
@tsarstepan,
Using something like the Internet for years doesn't necessarily make one an expert.

Someone I know from Yahoo! Answers told me I should contact animation and comics people- creators, animators, writers, voice actors, etc., on Reddit for help with producing cartoons and comics and getting funding for such, etc. I never tried that.

I don't always go by what others tell me on Yahoo! Answers.

Yahoo! Answers isn't/wasn't the only Q-and-A site I have ever used online.
JGoldman10

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:40 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I didn't understand your response- that's why I questioned you about it.
tsarstepan

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:47 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Someone I know from Yahoo! Answers told me I should contact animation and comics people- creators, animators, writers, voice actors, etc., on Reddit for help with producing cartoons and comics and getting funding for such, etc. I never tried that.

Dear lord?! Why not. I can imagine that if the persons in question are relatively famous, they will not likely have the time to give you free tutorials, let alone answer a ton of technical questions.

What I suggest you do, is start simple conversations with creators you like and admire on these platforms. Work your way up to asking questions regarding whatever problems your coming across. Become loose acquaintances or friends with some of these peoples and let them know what you are working on at a given moment. Maybe if they see any potential, they'll help mentor you.

Quote:
I don't always go by what others tell me on Yahoo! Answers.

That's obvious.
Quote:
Yahoo! Answers isn't/wasn't the only Q-and-A site I have ever used online.

Not really relevant.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:50 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

I didn't understand your response- that's why I questioned you about it.

Laughing Laughing Good grief. You need to be reminded about your previous post which I was directly responding to?

JGoldman10 wrote:

Have you tried talking to people on DeviantArt or Reddit about learning Adobe Flash Pro/Animate?

And my clearly obviously negative answer (in other words) means I have no reason to talk to people on DeviantArt or Reddit about learning Adobe Flash Pro/Animate.
JGoldman10

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 12:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
The reason I keep saying "Adobe Flash Pro/Animate" is because if I said "Adobe Flash", or simply "Flash", some people might think I was referring to Adobe Flash Player. I want to avoid any ambiguity.

Adobe Animate is a rebranding of Adobe Flash Pro.

I should have learned how to use Adobe Flash Pro/Animate a long time ago but I didn't.

I should have learned how to use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop and Quarkxpress a long time ago but didn't.

I was told years ago if I want to produce animation and comics I should get and learn these four programs.

I just basically want to learn how to properly make simple animations and comics and make money off of them online.

By "simple" cartoons and comics I mean regular-looking 2-D cartoons and comics.

I might be interested to learn how to add lighting and shading elements to make 2-D cartoons and comics look 3-D not actually make 3-D stuff.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 09:19 am
I was told elsewhere there are subreddits on Reddit I could search for.

These are some examples of subreddits that could help me:

r/flashanimation
Comicbookart
Adobeillustrator
Photoshop
Animation
LearnAnimation
YouTubeAnimators
r/ComicBookWriting
r/comic_crits/
r/comicprompts/
r/VoiceActing/

On DeviantArt there's https://forum.deviantart.com/ :

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48299346601_006f99db7b_o.png

and on this page there's four art-related forums:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48299352821_3cb9f103de_b.jpg

I am sure to get the help I need learning and using Adobe Flash Pro/Animate, as well as other art help, and writing help.

I will search for sites similar to Deviantart and see if they have sections on their site where people can ask for writing and art help.

Also, I was told to contact people on Twitter and Tumblr.

I'll also try contacting people on Facebook and Myspace and Instagram.

Anyone else here have any other suggestions regarding what sites I should go to and who to contact online?

chai2

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 09:41 am
@JGoldman10,
When are you going to stop gathering suggestions and actually do something with them?

It seems you have been led to some great resources by people who actually are involved with what you want to do.

Why do you keep asking people who aren't involved in any way with what you are looking for?

I think the list you showed will keep you busy for quite some time.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 04:54 pm
@chai2,
Are you saying or implying that there aren't other writers and artists on this site? Writers and artists who can direct me to which sites I should go to get the help I need- help with writing, art and software, etc.?

If so I find that hard to believe. There must be other writers and artists here. People know know something which sites I should go to.

People here who wouldn't even mind if I asked for help with writing, drawing, etc., directly.
tsarstepan

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:09 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Are you saying or implying that there aren't other writers and artists on this site?

And for your purposes? We AREN'T implying that there isn't an active population which is either willing (if a minute niche pop does exist) or capable of helping you in your particularly esoteric set of questions. We're being pretty frank with you on this account. There isn't one. Professionals and serious animators and to comic book writers go where these topics are the one and only priority. Don't know where that is... but it ain't here.

Quote:
Writers and artists who can direct me to which sites I should go to get the help I need- help with writing, art and software, etc.?

You have been posting these questions ad nauseum with very little success in variation and reply.

What does your meager anecdotal evidence suggest to you regarding the active population of writers and artists here at a2k? If it suggest that there is a very active community of writers and artists (let alone a very active community of comic book writers and/or animation artists)? You failed this final exam for which you have had studying here for at least a decade of your a2k membership.

Quote:
If so I find that hard to believe. There must be other writers and artists here. People know know something which sites I should go to.

You're going to die of old age having created nothing but pointless advice threads online and never having followed through with the ones that provided you with any possible help?

If this is some kind of crisis of self-confidence? Which I suspect might be your case. I'm not sure what you expect from being active here?

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 03:36 pm
I discovered this on Newgrounds, fortunately:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/734872

I think this video helps somewhat.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 29 Aug, 2019 01:24 pm

https://i.imgur.com/CF3cXDe.jpg
JGoldman10

Thu 29 Aug, 2019 08:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
WHO CARES? I am still going to use it. So is the cartoonist and Flash animator I befriended on YouTube.