The Friggin' Really Arrogant Debater

spendius

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 02:46 pm
EM:-

Early shift in the pub tonight.It's Friday you see.Slaves get light headed when released from the drudgery.

Back in about 7 times 25 minutes.

Warm 'em up.
0 Replies

-FreeLancer-

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 03:51 pm
humm... going back to the debate here....

I'll try a quick resume...

Everything is debatable, which means that "Everything is debatable" is debatable hence some things may not be debatable... http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/pascompris/vignette/thumbnails/1036946517_gif.gifhttp://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/pascompris/vignette/thumbnails/1036946517_gif.gif

... what? I didn't say it was going to be a good resume... give me a break... http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/yeux/vignette/thumbnails/345_gif.gif
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:06 pm
Well, I'm really surprised that twyvel, JL, and Fresco are not here to explain stuff. (remind me to quit using contractions)

Then there is Val, and theantibuddah suddenly disappeared. Perhaps it is because they are arrogant Razz
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:09 pm
Letty wrote:
UhOh, E.M. That ain't my thing, but I promise not to be arrogant about it.

Ain't you're thing? You tease. You're the one who started with your post of "them singing in their chains" above.

Perhaps a Froydian slip? Are you sure you hate it? :wink:
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:13 pm
spendius wrote:
Early shift in the pub tonight.It's Friday you see.Slaves get light headed when released from the drudgery.
Back in about 7 times 25 minutes.
Warm 'em up.

Jolly Good Show, mate.

I must warn you: henceforth, you are on an 8 drink limit prior to entering this domain.

The barflies here have noticed once you go past 9 drinks, you start slipping out of your Spendius character and into the charater from Hitchcock's Psycho (Original). Yes, that's an American reference...sorry if its lost on you--do a google and get some culture.

Remember: 8 drinks or under, and try to limit yourself to only pinching the arses of females in the pub. We're awaiting your relatively sober, return. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:23 pm
Extra Medium, that was an expression someone from Hawaii told me when I asked about cutting back my bird of paradise. He was a botanist as I recall. When I asked how things were on the islands, his response was:

"Oh, we just sing in our chains like the sea."

I didn't get it then and I don't get it now? Perhaps I have read too much Mitchner. <smile>
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:29 pm
Letty wrote:
Extra Medium, that was an expression someone from Hawaii told me when I asked about cutting back my bird of paradise. He was a botanist as I recall. When I asked how things were on the islands, his response was:

"Oh, we just sing in our chains like the sea."

I didn't get it then and I don't get it now? Perhaps I have read too much Mitchner. <smile>

I think he was referring to "singing in the chain of (Hawaiian) islands."

But I much prefer your "singing in our chains"!

I am sure Lord Ellpus, Spendius, or even the Set can supply us with an appropriate interpretation of when "singing in our chains" might be used?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:42 pm
Letty:-

Contractions are economically disastrous.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:45 pm
Letty:-

Never mind the botanists.Just don't cut back on your bird of paradise.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:14 pm
Well, E.M. maybe that's what he meant..the Hawaiian chain of sandwiches...hee hee. You are such a Brat, E.M. but a lovable one.

Spendius, so they are...too abbreviated... Razz

Believe it or not, the bird of paradise bush is beautiful around Christmas on Easter island. Razz

We won't go in to Unchained Melody. Hey, this is a fun philosophy thread. Usually they are soooooo esoteric.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:19 pm
No Letty:-

The others were fun.This is esoteric.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:22 pm
Letty wrote:
Hey, this is a fun philosophy thread. Usually they are soooooo esoteric.

I know. I think the one I started on Whether I Should Marry a Transvestite was just too esoteric. Thats the problem though, its hard to find someone you can talk to about subjects that are really important to you without becoming too esoteric...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:25 pm
Ok, you fun, esoteric folks. I gotta do stuff....

Laughing
0 Replies

djbt

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:08 am
I think debate only seem esoteric because people seem to feel the need to prove they are right, not to ask questions and learn. When someone has the courage to admit ignorance and ask for an explanation, people seem willing to oblige, or a least provide links to reading that would make the subject, well, non-esoteric.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:17 am
djbt wrote:
I think debate only seem esoteric because people seem to feel the need to prove they are right, not to ask questions and learn. When someone has the courage to admit ignorance and ask for an explanation, people seem willing to oblige, or a least provide links to reading that would make the subject, well, non-esoteric.

Thats debatable.
:wink:

But I see your point.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:31 am

Bockolls.That's not debatable.It's a load of that greeny coloured slime that comes out of a bull's colonic evacuation channels.djbt is engaging in an orgy of oneupman/oneupwoman ship in the humility and self abnegation handicap stakes and has caused him/her self a self inflicted red face on account of attempting to prove him/her self right in asserting pontifically that we shouldn't try to prove ourselves right.He/she must have been an awkward student.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:41 am
Right you are my S-ness.

Well I was just trying to give djbt a bit of hope. Lift them up as it were, let them bask in the light for a moment....so you can come along and snuff them out. Is it kruel? Twisted Evil

A smashing team we may make...

We're both on isles, man. If I was there, I'd be buying you a drink tonight, and you'd undoubtedly give me a tour of The British Nymphs?

What time is it there, young man?
0 Replies

djbt

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:46 am
spendius wrote:

Bockolls.That's not debatable.It's a load of that greeny coloured slime that comes out of a bull's colonic evacuation channels.djbt is engaging in an orgy of oneupman/oneupwoman ship in the humility and self abnegation handicap stakes and has caused him/her self a self inflicted red face on account of attempting to prove him/her self right in asserting pontifically that we shouldn't try to prove ourselves right.He/she must have been an awkward student.

I'll consider myself thoroughly one-upped...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:48 am
It's now 7 mins later than it was.Are you past half way.

A test for masculinity.Doing a complex esoteric post while going "thrust-----thrust-----thrust" at the same time.Where's smorgie gone.If she's not back by 1700 hrs I'm claiming Round 5 on the default rule.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:11 am
perhaps i can add a touch of 'esoter';

as for the topic, isn't debate in and of itself "Arrogant"?

[the idea that i am right, and you are wrong, can only be considered a touch 'pushy' at best; i find debate a poor substitute for 'discussion'!]
0 Replies