Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:14 am
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44417

Egyptian Christian held in mental hospital
WorldNetDaily.com ^ | Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Doctors in a Cairo mental hospital are holding an Egyptian Christian against his will, telling the man he'll be a permanent resident there until he recants his faith and returns to Islam, reports a leading monitor of Christian persecution.

Reminiscent of the tactics of Communists in the USSR who put dissidents in mental hospitals, the forced stay, according to Voice of the Martyrs, has been in effect since January. At that time, the adoptive parents of Gaser Mohammed Mahmoud, 30, committed him to the El-Khanka Hospital after learning he had converted from Islam to Christianity two years earlier.

Reports Voice of the Martyrs:

"The hospital medical committee placed Mahmoud under the care of a female physician identified only as Dr. Nevine, whom sources describe as a 'fanatic Muslim.' Since his forced confinement, Mahmoud has reportedly endured beatings, whippings and potentially fatal injections."

Visiting Cairo yesterday, first lady Laura Bush praised Egypt for making political reforms and agreed those changes were being implemented at the proper pace - slowly.

"You have to be slow as you do each of these steps," she told reporters. "You know that each step is a small step, that you can't be quick. ... I think [President Hosni Mubarak has] been very bold and wise to take the first step."

Egyptian opposition groups, however, say the step has not been bold enough and that change is too slow.

Tomorrow, Egyptians are scheduled to vote on a constitutional amendment establishing the country's first direct presidential elections with more than one candidate.

Persecution of Christians has been a way of life in Egypt, consisting of routine harassment of members of the Coptic Church and other believers there.

Related stories:

Egypt attempts to close Copt church
Egypt destroys new Coptic church
Why Egypt's Coptic Christians suffer

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34712
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25753
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26746
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,030 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:20 am
So, because he traded one delusion for another, they want him to trade back instead of coming to his senses. I see the problem.

Joe(my imaginary being can whip your imaginary being)Nation
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:06 am
It's not obvious to me that Christianity is a false religion. In the case of I-slam it's REAL obvious.

Consider what Jesus said about guys like Mohammed:

Quote:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The fruits of I-slam are writ large on the pages of both history books and newspapers.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:16 am
oh, I didn't notice that was on my to-do list for today:

condemn Cairo mental hospital doctors

http://www.searchthe.net/Images2002/checkbox.gif
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:32 am
False religion is an oxymoron.
True religion is an oxymoron.

Please, remind us of what the Christian reaction should have been to their enemies striking them? Or was Christ just joshing?

Joe(Here is the other cheek)Nation
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 07:57 am
Joe Nation wrote:

Please, remind us of what the Christian reaction should have been to their enemies striking them? Or was Christ just joshing?

He wasn't joking, but there were certain kinds of assumptions built into the injunction, most notably the Pax Romana, and the assumption that the person on the other side of the cheek-turning action was capable of learning something from it.

Now, when a Mongol army division approaches with the intention of levelling your city to the last stone and impaling all inhabitants including YOU, nobody including Christ is going to tell you to turn the other cheek. That's idiotic.

Self defense is the first law of nature. The "Thou shalt not kill" thing in the ten commandments is a simple mistranslation. It should read "Thou shalt do no murder."

Likewise, you don't find anything in the new testament about Christ accusing Saul and David of being a$$holes for waging war against the Amalekites. Amalekites were another collection of the sort of a$$holes you don't turn the other cheek towards.

People who would throw somebody into a psych lockup and torture him for wanting to be a Christian are basically Amelikites.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:45 am
Then you must be a huge supporter of the ACLU, gungasnake, since they are the one's who really fought against this type of religious "deprogramming" here in America.

Quote:
"ACLU opposes the use of mental incompetency proceedings, temporary conservatorship, or denial of government protection as a method of depriving people of the free exercise of religion, at least with respect to people who have reached the age of majority. Mode of religious proselytizing or persuasion for a continued adherence that do not employ physical coercion or threat of same are protected by the free exercise of religion clause of the First Amendment against action of state laws or by state officials. The claim of free exercise may not be overcome by the contention that 'brainwashing' or 'mind control' has been used, in the absence of evidence that the above standards have been violated."

http://encyclopedia.lockergnome.com/s/b/Deprogramming

Kidnapping people and holding them hostage, at the request of their families, to deprogram them from their regligious beliefs was very, very common in America just a few years back and still happens to this day.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:12 am
gungasnake wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

He wasn't joking, but there were certain kinds of assumptions built into the injunction, most notably the Pax Romana, and the assumption that the person on the other side of the cheek-turning action was capable of learning something from it.

Now, when a Mongol army division approaches with the intention of levelling your city to the last stone and impaling all inhabitants including YOU, nobody including Christ is going to tell you to turn the other cheek. That's idiotic.

apparently Gunga is the vicar of Christ. Who knew?

Self defense is the first law of nature. The "Thou shalt not kill" thing in the ten commandments is a simple mistranslation. It should read "Thou shalt do no murder."

What? WHAT?? WHAT???

That the omniscient, omnipotent and all knowing God that you have told us so many times you devoutly worship allowed, while using holy men as his very writing implement, working through them, allowed a misinterpretation of his holy word in the Bible.? Shocked
Say it ain't so buddy, say it ain't so. Crying or Very sad

Likewise, you don't find anything in the new testament about Christ accusing Saul and David of being a$$holes for waging war against the Amalekites. Amalekites were another collection of the sort of a$$holes you don't turn the other cheek towards.

People who would throw somebody into a psych lockup and torture him for wanting to be a Christian are basically Amelikites.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:22 am
gungasnake wrote:

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall ever seeing the words Pax Romana in red in the bible, or in black for that matter. And Jesus never made any caveats about turning the other cheek.

Quote:

So, you know what Christ would tell someone to do in this situation? Didn't he say something about taking up the sword? Again, no caveats.

Quote:

So I guess you're not with those people who believe that the Bible should be interpreted literally.

Quote:
Likewise, you don't find anything in the new testament about Christ accusing Saul and David of being a$$holes for waging war against the Amalekites.

You also don't find anything where he encourages waging war or even condones it.

Quote:

Maybe so, but you have only the propoganda you post to suggest that this even is happening. More likely, the people who spread this stuff know exactly what kind of audience they have in you.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:57 am
One commentator on FR says not to worry, they probably only beat the guy under "extreme circumstances"...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:02 pm
boomerang wrote:
Then you must be a huge supporter of the ACLU, gungasnake, since they are the one's who really fought against this type of religious "deprogramming" here in America.

You might want to alert the Anti Christian Libertine Union to Slick KKKlinton and Janet Reno's deprogramming activities, i.e. Waco. I don't know if the statute of limitations has run out on any of that stuff or not. According to Slick and Janet, a number of children were being brainwashed and sexually abused, and Slick and Janet "saved" them:

Kathrine Andrade before Slick and Janet saved them from abuse:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/WACO/30_port.jpg

Kathrine Andrade after Slick and Janet saved them from abuse:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/WACO/30_pix.jpg

Shari Doyle before Slick and Janet saved them from abuse:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/WACO/sdoyle.jpg

Shari Doyle after Slick and Janet saved them from abuse:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/WACO/35_pix.jpg

I mean, I must have led some sort of a sheltered childhood or something. Nobody ever tried to save me from being abused or brainwashed by firebombing me...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:26 pm
Quote:

Oh, you of little faith, that's exactly what Christ said to do.

It's just as my friend Lenny used to say, "Christianity is probably a really good idea, I wonder if anybody will ever try it."

What has personal salvation, this is - continuing to live, to do with living your faith? By their fruits you shall know them, hey Gungasnake, HE wasn't talking about some Islamic Wahabis, he was talking about you. It isn't idiotic to turn the other cheek, it's what the Christ commanded. You think it's idiotic? You are not a Christian, you are a Situationalist.

Joe(Being Christlike is really hard, didn't they tell you?)Nation
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:29 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:

Oh, you of little faith, that's exactly what Christ said to do.

Not really. Turning the other cheek to a Mongol army is basically suicide. Show me the chapter and verse in the new testament in which Jesus tells anybody to commit suicide.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 04:34 am
You know what He said, you just don't believe it.

Joe(There is nothing more difficult for a selfish person to believe)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 05:37 am
There has never been a man with an idea that couldn't find a passage of scripture to back it up.

Gunga has proven that, bush has proven that, in fact so many have proven it that Jesus must weep continually.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 05:44 am
Sounds like the Middle Eastern moslems want their religion respected, but don't show respect to other religions.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 05:49 am
This might be a case of adding two and two together to get four...

Quote:

JDG 6:3 And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them;

JDG 6:4 And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass.

JDG 6:5 For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it.

So that basically you can see that there was zero reason for Israelites to love Amalekites. In fact, according to some of what you read, Amalekites were the same people as the Hyksos who invaded Egypt after the fall of the middle kingdom and, assuming that to be the case, there was no reason for ANYBODY to love Amalekites, except possibly for vultures and other Amalekites.

Now, at some point, Israelites got the upper hand in dealing with these mother-****ers...

Quote:

SA1 14:48 And he gathered an host, and smote the Amalekites, and delivered Israel out of the hands of them that spoiled them.

SA1 15:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

SA1 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

SA1 15:4 And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of Judah.

SA1 15:5 And Saul came to a city of Amalek, and laid wait in the valley.

SA1 15:6 And Saul said unto the Kenites, Go, depart, get you down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them: for ye shewed kindness to all the children of Israel, when they came up out of Egypt. So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites.

SA1 15:7 And Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah until thou comest to Shur,
that is over against Egypt.

SA1 15:8 And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

SA1 15:9 But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.

SA1 15:10 Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying,

SA1 15:11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

In other words, God was pissed over Saul having spared even one of the Amalekites, or even one of their sheep or cattle.

Now, according to your own BS interpretation of the bible, Jesus should have had something to say about God being an a$$hole for ordering all of this carnage and destruction. Nonetheless, what we actually read in the new testament is the following:

Quote:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever
shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom
of heaven.

Now, again, why don't you tell me how that adds up to thinking that Jesus would turn the other cheek to an army of Amalekites....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:01 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Sounds like the Middle Eastern moslems want their religion respected, but don't show respect to other religions.

like these guys?

http://www.thedigitalcourier.com/articles/2005/05/24/news/news01.txt
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:04 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

like these guys?

http://www.thedigitalcourier.com/articles/2005/05/24/news/news01.txt

No, in the one case it's very widespread, often, as in this case, a matter of government policy. In the other, it's a few kooks here and there. I have heard that customs will stop you from brining a Bible into Saudi Arabia.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:05 am
Why in the world wouldn't you spare the livestock, if all the people (save one, apparently), had been put to death?

No spoils of war for the holy, eh? Guess it all goes back to the beginning -- Abel's fat sheep good, Cain's veggies no good. That God, he likes his blood.

God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son."
Abe said to God, "You must be puttin' me on!"
God said, "Abe." Abe said, "What?"
God said, "Do what you want Abe but
The next time you see me coming you'd better run."
Abe said, "Where d'you want this killing done?"
God said, "Out there on Highway 61."
0 Replies