Anyone Seen This Movie?

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 12:14 pm
Hi everybody!

Just taking a break. A guy here at work was just telling me about a movie called "Collateral," which he says is great, a real "sit-on-the-edge of-your-seat" suspense film. I always like a good suspense movie like that.

He says it stars Tom Cruise, playing a hit man. Now, I have a little trouble imagining Tom Cruise as a hit man, but my co-worker assures me this is one gooood movie.

Has anyone seen it?

I didn't post this in the film thread, because I'm just asking about this one particular film, not a whole genre or every film Tom Cruise ever made, etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 12:16 pm
I liked it but there was something missing. And Jamie Foxx didn't get the credit he deserved in this film.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:44 pm
It was OK. My hubs liked it better than I did.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:43 pm
Thanks for the reviews. I had a feeling this was a "guy flick" sorta thing. Not exactly up to the standards of an Alfred Hitchcock suspense movie.

Thanks for the warnings ladies!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:21 am
Jamie Foxx got the credit of being better reviewed than Cruise in the movie and nominated for several awards including the Oscar which he won for another picture as best actor ("Ray"). It's not Hitchcockian as much as Bruckheimerish.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:06 am
The thing I enjoyed about this movie was the scenes of LA at night, the photography is great. The other plus is Foxx's acting. Other than that I found it entertaining at the most.

Lightwizard will correct me if I'm wrong but I think they used digital cameras to record the film and that's why they look so colorful.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:15 am
They did use digital cameras and, in a lot of cases they were hand-held. However, the images were transferred to analog film and the cable and DVD I don't believe were the actual digital pics.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:14 am
Stray Cat, I really liked the movie. First of all, since I have never cared for Tom Cruise, I was taken with his different role casting and his handling of it. I particularly liked the ending as it was a reference to his "sitting dead on a train and no one would notice."

Frankly, I had never seen Jamie Foxx before, so I concentrated more on Cruise's performance. After seeing Ray, I did a rethink.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:13 pm
typical michael mann: clean, and shiney, thumping soundtrack and oh, yeah, lots a blood.

i thought cruise was excellent in it, and better than fox who was very good too.

right now tom cruise is at the peak of his craftsmanship.
0 Replies