What's the deal with "twerking" and "thiccness", and how and why did these things become so BIG now?

chai2

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2019 06:24 pm
@chai2,
OMG!

A woman moving her hips back in 1896!
I didn't know we could do that back then.

Unbelievable! Women of all shapes and sizes, from an entirely different part of the world, moving their hips.

I guess this just about says it all....Because, you know, if a woman actually let's her body move in the way it's supposed to, well, how are men supposed to be able to control themselves?

Best we bind up the fascia in our hips so no one around us realizes we didn't evolve to walk like there's a stick up our ass.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2019 07:21 pm
@chai2,
Your Hawaiian video link does not work.

Those dances are not the same as "twerking". "Twerking" is far raunchier.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 04:44 pm
Here's a good question. If George Carlin was still around, what would he think say about "twerking" and "thiccness" and social elitists like the Kardashians and the Jenners?

I wonder what he'd say and think about Miley Cyrus since she made "twerking" mainstream.
laughoutlood

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don't know about you but I can't stop thinking or twalking about it.

Mid bump Billy's daughter
Her rump shouldn't oughta
Twerkin' on the stage she came
Workin' it outrage and blame

And I can't get it out of my head
No, I can't get it out of my head
Now I can't unsee what I just said
'Cause I can't get it out of my head

Oh no, no, yeah
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:50 pm
@laughoutlood,
What is "twalking"?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Here's a good question. If George Carlin was still around, what would he think say about "twerking" and "thiccness" and social elitists like the Kardashians and the Jenners?

I wonder what he'd say and think about Miley Cyrus since she made "twerking" mainstream.

Kim Kardashian, as far as I know, was responsible for starting the whole "thiccness" craze on social media. I assume she made "thiccness" mainstream. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I know the term "thicc" originated in American hip-hop:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/thicc
https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/thicc-meme/

0 Replies