Which Actor/Actress Roles Do You Most Consider To Be You?

kuvasz

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:21 pm
friend and foe alike consider this guy to be me to a tee.

http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~hulme/Graphics/lebowski/dude_bowl.jpg

I will abide, dude.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:25 pm
by looks, the characters he has played or both, kuvasz?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:25 pm
Did you keep the carpet too?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:32 pm
I'll have to reevaluate you, then, dude.

Duderino.

His dudeness.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:44 pm
squinney wrote:
by looks, the characters he has played or both, kuvasz?

both, especially in the way i look and live and bridges' rolls in "heaven's gate," "arlington road," the last american hero," and of course, the coen brothers masterpiece....THE BIG LEBOWSKI!

i think bridges is the best american actor out there today. he can both play drama and comedy as good as anyone has in a long time. in bridges' ability to do this he reminds me of the extraordinary jack lemmon, whose character in "the apartment" is the quintessential characterization of the american male of the post-war era.

and i have a old, old buddy who would have given john goodman's character a run for his money in TBL. the guy has a heart of gold but is exactly as exasperating as goodman in TBL. the interplays of bridges and goodman in TBL was like watching a rerun of my life with my buddy fu*king things up whenever we were together.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:53 pm
I thought Goodman practically stole the movie--but I loved Bridges' character and the story--and the dialogue.

A classic. Or should be.
0 Replies