Which Actor/Actress Roles Do You Most Consider To Be You?

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:43 am
Just walked by the living room and heard Ellen asking a guest if she identifies with her character on whatever show...

Made me wonder what Actress roles most resembled me and I immediately considered myself most like Kathy Bates.

Titanic, as the unsinkable Molly Brown. Strong, outspoken and not afraid of going against the flow.

Fried Green Tomato's, especially the growth she went through and confidence she gained, but also her love of a good story and having it told by someone she had grown fond of. LOVE the "I'm older and have more insurance" line.

May have some tendencies towards overprotection of my children (Waterboy) and absoultely believe that "Foosball be the work of the devil." Laughing

Can't say I fit the Misery or Delores Clairborne characters, but otherwise...

So, who has played the roles that most resemble you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,198 • Replies: 25
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:47 am
I am inclined to believe "Pee Wee Herman" but I wish it was Sean Connery!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:50 am
I can so see you as unsinkable Molly Brown!

Thinking. I was taken with the recent "hey you look like Amy Wynn" thing (purty AND a kick-ass carpenter! :-D), but that's not the same. Hmmm...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:06 am
wandeljw - Peewee? Hmmm. Well, at least you aspire to be more Connery-like. I don't think the real Peewee did.

Soz - Amy Wynn is adorable. Hey, can you handle a screw driver? You could possibly fake it. Just lay out all the Sauder pieces (easy to find at Walmart) under a pop up tent and strap on a tool belt.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:09 am
John Holmes in Anal Bandits Volumes one through six, is that a bad thing?

Or maybe I'm just a more articulate Ozzy?
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:27 am
I am currently working part time and struggling with the idea of going full time I am definitely Bernie Focker I wanna have sex all day, raise my children, and have my wife teach sex ed, but maybe not save my son's foreskin
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:32 am
Well, Sully, of course.
0 Replies

Valpower

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:24 am
I have an inadvertent, bull-in-a-china-shop way of conversing with people I've just met that can only be captured by Larry David.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:25 pm
When I was a kid it was Gordon John Sinclair, who played Gregory in GREGORY'S GIRL
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:30 pm
Valpower - LOL! Ya gotta love Larry's persistance.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:39 pm
Hmmm... I don't know.... I have been told I look like various actresses, but I don't know who I feel like I identify with.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:08 pm
A friend spent a drunken afternoon (well, they were all drunken afternoons with this guy) calling me Cool Hand Luke.

Eggs make me fart, though.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:12 pm
I'm glad there is another Larry David.

I have better hair, though.

And a vagina.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:14 pm
Monk.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 10:20 pm
Tony shalub, dag.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 06:29 am
Lash typed "hair" and "vagina" very close together, and some low part of my brain over which I have no control jumps to that bit of the page every time I scroll by.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:14 pm
<that's funny>
0 Replies

Valpower

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:32 pm
Lash wrote:
I'm glad there is another Larry David.

I have better hair, though.

And a vagina.

I have better hair, through its absence.

And a penis, though that bulge is merely a strange fold in my pants.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:37 pm
You probably make a much better Larry David.

The penis and all.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 01:44 am
I don't think any actor really resembles me, but Michael J. Fox in the film "Bright Lights, Big City" was the spitting image of my brother at that time (minus the drugs, mind you), especially in the scene at the end where he washes his face and stares miserably in the mirror the likeness was uncanny (if you have seen my brother get up early in the morning).
0 Replies