Could a bathroom like this be possible?

Chai

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:41 am
Was watching a home show about the 10 most lux bathrooms.
Wow, one was 1000 square feet!
Some had couches and desks in them!
Impressive as all this was, it got me thinking.......

I'm not one of those who likes to hang around in the bathroom, bubble baths and all that.

I want to do my business, take a shower, put on my makeup and leave.
I want a clean bathroom of course, but it is the most hated household chore I can think of.

Either in a new construction, or a remodel, how feasible would the following bathroom be? What would it take to accomplish?

Basically - a self cleaning bathroom.
The idea would be to put all items away in the drawers or cupboards, or, like towels, remove for washing.
The bathroom would be closed off and you would start the wash cyle.

The room could be sprayed down from the ceiling from those sprinker system things with cleanser, then, rinsed with water from the same.
A drain would be in the floor.
Finally - blowers could dry the surfaces.
Alternately - the room could be filled with steam that would kill germs, then the blowers would dry the surface to prevent mold.

If this was done daily (or so) there wouldn't be any need for scrubbing - and every nook and cranny would be reached.

OR -
Since this might not be feasible - Is there any type of system out there which you could go in and do this manually, without creating a flood?

OR -
Is this just a really stupid idea?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 757 • Replies: 3
No top replies

squinney

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:50 am
If the Jetsons could do all the stuff they did way back when, I don't imagine we are too far off from having the capabilities to do what you ask.

I'm waiting for the "puff" that perfectly applies my make-up, or the kitchen where I state my desired menu and the kitchen does the rest.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:36 am
I have been in a bathroom similar to what you described. It was made so the entire bathroom acted as a shower. All the fixtures were stainless steel and the shower heads were mounted in the center of the room. There were also additional jets mounted in the walls. They made it so the floor was angled to the middle and there were two floor drains.
I don't know if you would consider it self cleaning but it would at least make it easier.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:05 am
Oh yeah - the "puff". I want the automatic dressing machine and restaurants on the moon.

Moon restaurants probably wouldn't do well, no "atmosphere".

And the flying cars! I was promised flying cars!

Seriously though - We're adding a bath right now to the old homestead - It'd be great to make it as care free as possible.
0 Replies