Guest of honor:Osso Bucco

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 09:08 am
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-matters18may18,0,7178063.column?coll=la-home-food
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,444 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:05 pm
You could imagine that I'd enjoy that article, Algis.

I even like the recipe at the end.

I've cooked ossobuco, with beef shanks, about five times now, using different recipes. Four of the times it turned out wonderfully.

The fifth was a few months ago when I was visiting in Albuquerque. I decided to repay my hosts with a delicious ossobuco dinner. Another a2ker was invited to dinner too.
I used a recipe I'd used before successfully. Well, phooey.
Something about what I did messed it up. (I am guessing now that I boiled it for a few minutes without meaning to or noticing.)

It was a recipe that involved braising the meat on the stove top. It took forever to cook - and I mean forever. And then almost instantly it was dreadfully overdone. I airily blamed the city's elevation, but I don't think that was it. I served it glumly and people tried valiantly to move the thing around their plates. The gravy was pretty good...
and the company was excellent.

So much for my namesake dish. Of course, I'll have to try it again one of these days.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:39 pm
Glad you found this is was meant for you.It truely is a wonderfull dish I had it with goat and lamb while on CRETE.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 01:11 pm
Err..I don't often post over here in food and drink but I was scrolliing through and saw this - thanks for posting! I'm glad I stumbled on it. I've been curious about Osso Bucco!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 04:40 pm
The recipe in the linked article looks pretty good to me, d'nancy.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:07 am
Bon Appetite
0 Replies