Question About Capitalization in a PowerPoint Presentation

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 11:21 am
Hello,
I am working on a PowerPoint presentation which includes charts and tables of technical information. I have footnotes that explain how certain rates were calculated. A fictitious example would be:

Rate of Issues = Number of Issues Encountered/Total Number of Times an Experiment was Conducted

My question is, where should I be capitalizing? I have done it a variety of ways and I don't feel settled about any of them.

Thanks for your input!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 831 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 11:32 am
@joyfulheart,
The really short answer from someone who pumps out PP presentations is it really doesn't matter. The way you did it, treating each variable as a title, is fine and I think preferred. If you did in with a lot of lower case letters that would be fine as well.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 12:19 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

The really short answer from someone who pumps out PP presentations is it really doesn't matter. The way you did it, treating each variable as a title, is fine and I think preferred. If you did in with a lot of lower case letters that would be fine as well.

Whichever way one goes? Be consistent throughout the entire presentation.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 01:22 pm
@joyfulheart,
When I had worked as a technical writer, I had the benefit of a style guide and/or editorial guidance department with such an issue. Without this guidance, I would choose either one and be consistent all of the way through.
All that being said, my personal preference would be to use lowercase but that can go either way and be fine.
0 Replies