Moving to Spain

Someguy

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:57 am
I am currently 17 and living inside the US and I'm planning on moving to Spain. However, I don't know what I need to do before I go.

Do I need a Visa or a work permit? If so, how do I go about getting them? Is there anything else that I would need (other than good luck)?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 619 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 04:50 pm
Check with the Department of State link to get information on passports, visa, and work permits for any country you with to work in. Spain is a varied country with many different influences and cultures. You may want to do some homework before you decide on a location in which you wish to work or settle. Good luck on your adventure, and welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 05:00 pm
If you can sign up with the UK's telegraph publishing... go to their email services and sign up for the one for expatriots. There are loads of ex-patriot Brits living in Spain and I think you'll find some good information there. I LOVE Spain!

expat.telegraph.co.uk

Welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

mycdplayerisbroke

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 05:33 pm
i'm 17 also and can't wait to peace out america but did you even graduate from high school yet?!

when are you planning on going? you'll need a hella lot of planning, mijo (hopefully you know what that means and you speak spanish.)

do you have an EU passport? a residency visa? a working visa? the tough deal is that for the most part you can't get a work visa until a company actually guarantees you a job, so that can get hairy. and i'm pretty sure the job market in spain isn't too hot right now, unemployment is high, so that will be difficult.

but try this site http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/categories.cfm?catid=30
esta bien y tiene muchas informacion haha ahh i'm such a nerd.

honestly man i don't think you can just peace out and hit up spain. if you do it though, i'm totally doing it when i'm 18. but i'm getting the impression that you're english so it'll probably be a million times easier for you than me.

would it be cool if you like kept in touch with me? because i've never heard of someone doing this my age and basically i want to see which loopholes you have to jump. my email is: [email protected] it's gay i know but whatever.

bueno suerte!
-eric
0 Replies