Can't figure out why dyer is not turning on.

Sat 25 May, 2019 01:45 pm
My dryer recently quit working. I bought a used set and the dryer worked for a day then will not turn on. So, I bought a new washer and dryer set and the dryer still will not turn on. The display lights up but when I hit the start button it acts like there is a short. I replaced the breaker, outlet and wire and still nothing. I checked the power and each side is getting 120 volts and both sides are getting 240 volts. I even brought over a dryer from a friends house that works and nothing happens. Can not figure out why the dryer will not turn on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 845 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

taopathway

Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:02 am
@danquinn,
Try putting a new bulb in the light fixture over your laundry. Also my foreman taught me that dryer and stove cooktop receptacles look nearly the same.
0 Replies

bobbylivewire

Thu 6 Jun, 2019 02:04 pm
@danquinn,
Check the connections at the back of the dryer to make sure it is getting 240 v. The dryer should be wired in 10/3 romex.
taopathway

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 02:51 am
@bobbylivewire,
Bobby is right, always start from the beginning when troubleshooting
0 Replies

taopathway

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 02:58 am
@danquinn,
A motor requires a certain amperage to begin moving, maybe the wire is not feeding enough amps or your nuetral return wire is not establishing a good enough connection to send the amperage and electricity back to the panel. Check resiatance onf nuetral to groundthe less ohms the better your nuetral.
0 Replies