Outrage over Japan's plan to slaughter humpback whales

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:23 am
Nuge's site is disturbing! Oh god, what's disturbing is your thinking.

You say you're not a liberal. You're right. You're an uber-liberal.

I'd like to know exactly what it is that you find disturbing. Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:25 am
That's more a green-conservative attitude than liberal.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:26 am
Green is green.

By the way, I had planned to abandon this thread, but you guys brought it up. Nuge is going to be the next governor of Michigan and try to clean up the blight brought on by our current ultra liberal female from Canada by way of Berkeley. You can't get much worse.

Nuge for Governor.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:38 am
cjhsa wrote:
Green is green.

That's quite an ... ehem ... rare view.

(The strongly conservatve members of my local church - by party membership, voting and attitude - would tell you something! Laughing )
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:46 am
The closest thing we have to your "Green party" is our group of dems. They like to look as if they'd sell their soul to save an endangered toad, while in reality they just sell their votes.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:06 am
Actually I wasn't referring to the official Green Party but to the 'greens' in the church and among the conservatives.

But never mind ...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:40 pm
Whoops. I must have been suffering from heat fatigue yesterday when I posted this. (Still very hot here, despite a sort of cool change this morning. Phew!) Anyway, obviously I didn't mean to say it wasn't a fair contest b/n the predators & their prey. Of course, this is what I meant:

msolga wrote:
But I do want to say that no way do I accept that whalers are hunters. Not exactly a fair contest between the predators & the hunted! It's drawing a very long bow to describe the situation in that way. Nor do I believe "scientific research" has anything to do with what the whalers in that Japanese "research" ship were actually doing. I've done numerous Google searches in vain attempts to discover the findings of their supposed research. It is whale meat for the Japanese market, nothing more nothing less. A commercial enterprise.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:45 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Green is green.

By the way, I had planned to abandon this thread, but you guys brought it up. Nuge is going to be the next governor of Michigan and try to clean up the blight brought on by our current ultra liberal female from Canada by way of Berkeley. You can't get much worse.

Nuge for Governor.

Crimeny! Are you still here!! Twisted Evil

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:48 pm
cjhsa wrote:
The closest thing we have to your "Green party" is our group of dems. They like to look as if they'd sell their soul to save an endangered toad, while in reality they just sell their votes.

You mean like you gun-totin' NRA shootem up fanatics ?? Smile

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:51 pm
I'm not scared easily.

Thunderchickens blasting off at my feet, however, do raise my bloodpressure.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:56 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I'm not scared easily.

Thunderchickens blasting off at my feet, however, do raise my bloodpressure.

Better watch out CJ, you'll blow your pulmonary artery.

Anon
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:05 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Nuge's site is disturbing! Oh god, what's disturbing is your thinking.

You say you're not a liberal. You're right. You're an uber-liberal.

I'd like to know exactly what it is that you find disturbing. Laughing

What I read was very disturbing. I'm surprised you posted it here at all. No, I'm not going to discuss it here. That'd just another distraction from what were trying to talk about on this thread. Anyone who wants to can check it out for themselves & make up their own minds.

I'd appreciate it if you would just stick to the topic of this thread.

BTW this thread is not about me. It's about our concerns about whales. I'm tired of your constant digressions into your thoughts about my character, etc, etc ....

Why don't you just stick to the topic?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:10 pm
So, what did you read?

http://www.tednugent.com/cgi-bin/tnusa/nugeboard3/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=General&number=1

Lots of good, hardworking, huntfish-folk there.

People tired of listening to urban cowboys telling them what not to do.

And a few whackos, just like A2K.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:12 pm
yeh, the biggest batch of vote whores in the US is the NRA, those self righteous pompous bunch of anachronista.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:16 pm
'Sealord' wont ever get my money again....not that they ever got much anyway...fish fingers were about my lot! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:17 pm
People can read that for themselves & make up their own minds, cjhsa. In the meantime, may I suggest you start another thread, specifically for in-depth analysis of the issues you wish to discuss? I'm certain you'll get responses. I'm saying this again: stick to the subject of this thread when posting here. I'd appreciate that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:18 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
'Sealord' wont ever get my money again....not that they ever got much anyway...fish fingers were about my lot! Laughing

Laughing

Atta girl!

Nor mine!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:21 pm
Nice sig-line F-man. I don't care who y'are, that's funny right there!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:27 pm
farmerman wrote:
yeh, the biggest batch of vote whores in the US is the NRA, those self righteous pompous bunch of anachronista.

Uber-anachronista, even? Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:54 am
Anacronistic. Right.

"Surveys show nearly 80 percent of Americans support hunting, although less than 10 percent actually participate. These 18.5 million hunters contribute more than $30 billion annually to the U.S. economy and support more than 986,000 jobs. They are the primary financiers (more than $1.5 billion per year) of conservation programs that benefit all Americans who appreciate wildlife and wild places." - http://www.nssf.org
0 Replies