Outrage over Japan's plan to slaughter humpback whales

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:45 pm
msolga wrote:
<yawn>

Another insightful & relevant post. But you seem to be getting your threads mixed up, cjhsa. This one is about whales, remember? ..... not about internal Mexican law issues, US border patrol, or guns, either. It'd be a relief if you saved these consuming interests of your for your own threads & could stick with the subject of this one.
.... And, BTW, Mexico has as much right to part of this delegation as any other country. I applaud them for doing it. Same as the other countries which have made a stand on this important issue.

I'm just pointing out the fact that if you are trying to drum up support, you would hope to have countries backing you that are, well, going to support you. Of course, the Mexican Navy is feared worldwide....

Rolling Eyes

P.S. PETA is irrelevant and nothing but a bunch of showboats, pun not intended. I'm not surprised that they managed to obtain a whale carcas. Perhaps they found it while disposing of all the dogs and cats they kill.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:38 pm
cjhsa wrote:
msolga wrote:
<yawn>

Another insightful & relevant post. But you seem to be getting your threads mixed up, cjhsa. This one is about whales, remember? ..... not about internal Mexican law issues, US border patrol, or guns, either. It'd be a relief if you saved these consuming interests of your for your own threads & could stick with the subject of this one.
.... And, BTW, Mexico has as much right to part of this delegation as any other country. I applaud them for doing it. Same as the other countries which have made a stand on this important issue.

I'm just pointing out the fact that if you are trying to drum up support, you would hope to have countries backing you that are, well, going to support you. Of course, the Mexican Navy is feared worldwide....

Rolling Eyes

P.S. PETA is irrelevant and nothing but a bunch of showboats, pun not intended. I'm not surprised that they managed to obtain a whale carcas. Perhaps they found it while disposing of all the dogs and cats they kill.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

I don't think I've ever known someone who gets the thrill out of killing something like you do. It's like it gives you a tremendous hardon of some kind. It's really creepy, almost sadistic.

Anon
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:28 am
cjhsa wrote:
Tards. PETA is aligned with ELF and ALF, convicted domestic terrorists.

Keep posting PETA crap and lose all your credibility.

Fine by me.

"Tards"? What strange language are you speaking here, cjhsa? Tards? Confused Please explain what you mean by this term.

Keep posting PETA crap and lose all your credibility.

Oh no, not my credibilty! Anything but that! (But speaking of credibility .....? )

Actually, I made a mistake: A poster this morning suggested that the Berlin whale protest was a PETA initiative. As everyone can see, from later posts, it was actually a Greenpeace initiative. Good for Greenpeace! I've just checked out PETA on the internet & I must say, they seem a fine organisation! I don't have any problem with their mission statement at all:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), with more than a million members and supporters, is the largest animal rights organization in the world. Founded in 1980, PETA is dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals. PETA operates under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment.

PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in laboratories, in the clothing trade, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds and other "pests," and the abuse of backyard dogs.

PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.

http://www.peta.org/about/

As for ELF & ALF, well I'll just have to research those in more depth than time constraints allow right now. But perhaps you can start a new thread outlining your major concerns, cjhsa?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:01 am
11 indicted in arson conspiracy in Northwest
08:36 AM PST on Friday, January 20, 2006
Associated Press
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Federal prosecutors have indicted 11 people in a series of arsons in the Northwest that have been claimed by the radical groups Earth Liberation Front and Animal Liberation Front, Justice Department officials said Friday.

The suspects are believed responsible for 17 incidents, including sabotaging a power plant, in a conspiracy that dates back to 1996, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the indictment was under seal in U.S. District Court in Eugene, Ore. It was expected to be made public later Friday.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and FBI Director Robert Mueller were expected to talk about the indictment Friday at a news conference in Washington.

Some of those charged Friday remain at large, the officials said.

Two defendants, Jonathan Christopher Mark Paul, 39, and Suzanne Nicole "India" Savoie, 28, were both ordered held without bail in Eugene Thursday, pending further hearings.

A criminal complaint filed in federal court in Eugene accused Paul, a firefighter, of setting firebombs that burned down a horse slaughterhouse in 1997. The ALF claimed responsibility for that fire, which caused an estimated $1 million in damage.

Savoie, who works in a group home for the developmentally disabled, is accused of serving as a lookout for a fire in 2001 that destroyed offices of a lumber mill. The ELF claimed responsibility for that fire.

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_0112006WABecoterrorism_indictments_arsonJM.2010fcbf.html
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:05 am
Also, you'll notice that Greenpeace shows up on the front page of this domestic terror group's website:

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/resources.htm

And you want to talk about MY credibility? You're on really thin ice.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:11 am
Anon-Voter wrote:

I don't think I've ever known someone who gets the thrill out of killing something like you do. It's like it gives you a tremendous hardon of some kind. It's really creepy, almost sadistic.

Anon

Are you saying you get a thrill when these domestic terror "animal rights" folks kill people? Just wondering.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:37 am
cjhsa wrote:
Also, you'll notice that Greenpeace shows up on the front page of this domestic terror group's website:

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/resources.htm

And you want to talk about MY credibility? You're on really thin ice.

Yes, this organisation does mention Greenpeace. They also mention they're a non-violent organisation. They also mention other organisations. So what's your point, exactly? Confused Whose been championing them on this thread? You brought them up & you're the one whose going on & on about them. And what on earth they have to do with whales beats me. This is getting kinda weird & obscure, chjsa.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:39 am
No it's not. You have chosen your team and I'm just showing you who the players are.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:41 am
cjhsa wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:

Anon

Are you saying you get a thrill when these domestic terror "animal rights" folks kill people? Just wondering.

OMG, cjhsa, where are you getting these ideas from? I don't believe this nonsense!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:44 am
cjhsa wrote:
No it's not. You have chosen your team and I'm just showing you who the players are.

Team? Players? Confused

Calm down, will you? Folks might start wondering ....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:45 am
That just tells me you haven't done your research. This is just the tip of the iceberg:

http://www.austinreview.com/archives/2005/06/peta_kills_1.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:46 am
CJ, among other "terrorist groups" listed on the first page of that link are some real nasty groups that strike fear into our hearts. people like the

NATURE CONSERVANCY

DUCKS UNLIMITED
NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION
ENVIROLINK
CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL FORESTRY RESEARCH

Yep, weve gotta watch these terror groups. Were having a Ducks unlimited Dinner in early Feb. Ill have to call NSA and have their serving trays bugged.

Lets get back to whales msolga, cj is just trying to hijack a good thread with his crap.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:49 am
farmerman wrote:
Lets get back to whales msolga, cj is just trying to hijack a good thread with his crap.

Oh, I figured that out, farmerman.
Weird stuff. Confused
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:58 am
If you think what I've posted is weird, your problems run much deeper than that.

I'll tell you this, I'm quite positive Ducks Unlimited is none too happy to have their name on that site.

Greenpeace is aligned with PETA who is aligned with ELF and ALF and other known groups and have created the first international ecoterrorist network.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:04 am
Yeah, OK, fine. You believe whatever, cjhsa ...
But I'd prefer not to discuss it with you any further, thanks all the same.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:08 am
So typical. Liberals expect everyone to believe their gibberish and dismiss any attempt at debate.

I've done what I can here.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:18 am
You certainly have! :wink:
BTW I don't live in the US, am not a "liberal" & always enjoy a rational conversation.

Let's stick with the thread topic.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:24 am
cj says
Quote:
So typical. Liberals expect everyone to believe their gibberish and dismiss any attempt at debate.

You havent forwarded any debate. Gimme a break, youve taken one position and stuck to it with shotgun attempts at irrelevancies. Whales are being killed ijn violation of international treaties. The offending nation is claiming it as research and even their supporters are having a tough time with that line.
The only reearch they are doing is to see how far down they can deplete the population before it crashes to extinction.

You dont seem to understand or appreciate extinction. Thats a typical conservative thick headedness that weve grown accustomed to in the US.With you its Kill more, arm everyone, blot out the forests and dont forget to wipe out whales.

Im glad that, when we discovered that Bald Eagles were in serious decline, we didnt apply the same techniques to save them as the Japanese are doing to these whales.
The fact that the worldwide population of minkes has gone from almost 3 mil to under 800000, gotta tell us that something is wrong and killing more whales just for the sushi trade is Fuggin obscene.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:31 am
Well, if the population of minkes has changed as you suggest, then who or what killed them all?

Ever think maybe the initial count was wrong?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:35 am
Also, you have completely missed my point if you think I favor killing everything and wiping out forests. Au contraire. What I've been saying all along is that hunters and fisherman, especially in the U.S., are the original conservationists and have been for the last 100 years. We are the stewards of wildlife. Hands off approaches will not work.
0 Replies