Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:45 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,278 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:48 am
Two charges of assault with bodily injury of a family member were filed against Rafeal Gutierrez on March 4, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. He was accused of assaulting his estranged wife in Grand Prairie twice in February.

After the TV incident, an arrest warrant was issued for Rafeal Gutierrez.

"They're going to have to prove their case," attorney Jay Lucas said. "The videotape doesn't show assault, in my opinion."

Meanwhile, police said they have launched an internal investigation into the behavior of Fort Worth police Capt. Duane Paul, who was apparently videotaped in a car with the woman. Paul, who oversees the east patrol division and used to be the department spokesman, has declined to comment.

Cheaters is shown on KNWS (Channel 51) in Houston.
0 Replies

americanbadgirl

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 11:42 pm
Rafeal Gutierrez catches wife with Captain of Police Dept.
My husband recently got out of jail down in Tarrant County, where he met Rafeal Gutierrez. Gutierrez tells my husband about his situation. He states that he has never hit a woman. "I am not a violent person, I wouldn't even kill a bug," states Gutierrez. Gutierrez said that his son wants to be a police officer, and he don't want him to think that this is ok. He wants for him to have morals, honor, and integrity. Finding out about this may destroy his ambition to become a police officer, or ruin his lack of respect for people with authority.
From what I understand of Gutierrez, he seemed to be a good man, who had suspicion of his wife cheating, and unfortunately ran across more than just that. He's trying to do the right thing for his son, and he ends up in jail. They have the wrong one in jail, if you ask me.
I have always praised the police officers, and they have always been there for me when needed. I don't think this should reflect the good ones out there, it's just not fair. Maybe they need to re-evaluate the department and make some changes.
The one who did the crime, should do the time!
Sincerely,
Constance
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 06:23 am
We on A2K haven't the totality of information to make judgement calls here. Thanks for giving an alternate view.
0 Replies