The Government Hates Maine

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:24 pm
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/05/12/air_france_flight_diverted_at_request_of_us_authorities/

"An Air France jetliner en route from Paris to Boston was diverted to Maine on Thursday because U.S. authorities wanted to check on a passenger, officials said...previous transatlantic flights have been diverted to Bangor."

I hear it loud and clear: everyone hates Maine, and that includes the government. I mean, what the hell do they offer, besides Poland Springs, some nice weekend getaways, and women with missing teeth who wear plaid?

If a plane is strapped with explosives....send 'er to Maine.

Thing I don't understand, don't we have the authority just to send it to Canada???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 631 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:37 pm
Re: The Government Hates Maine
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Thing I don't understand, don't we have the authority just to send it to Canada???

Canada wouldn't accept it and would send it back. So it would be like tossing a hot potato back and forth. Maine on the other hand...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:51 pm
Yes, they're pumped just to get visitors, even if it's terrorists. Plus, they don't see too many of them there er-planes, there.
0 Replies