What is your most hated advert?

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 09:56 am
I hate the crazy frog and sweety the chick adverts! They are so annoying! At my school the "chavs" always plays them during lessons and it pisses me off! Evil or Very Mad

What is your most hated advert?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,756 • Replies: 23
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:18 am
Andrex - those puppies can just piss off!

I so know what you mean about the 'frog' thing. I work in an inner city Jobcentre, and I hear almost everyday as some chav's ringtone...drives me bonkers Twisted Evil

PS Calm down dear - it's only a commercial
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:40 am
er...
what's a "chav"?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:00 pm
I believe they are known as 'trailer trash' types down your neck of the woods.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:16 pm
http://img.slate.msn.com/media/88/041011_WakeUpWithTheKing_56k.asf
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:28 pm
really disturbing
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:01 am
http://www.sweatpantserection.com/stories/img/23/bob_enzyte_guy.jpg

Need I say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:28 am
abe_froman wrote:
Need I say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you must say more. We have no idea what you are talking about!
I hate the Michael Winner adverts where he is in drag, the More Than adverts with the dog called "Lucky" and the adverts for the "probiotic yoghurts".
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:47 am

I can't stand the Burger King commercials, either. How weird that the guy doesn't even seem that alarmed or upset that some strange King guy is in his bed.

I also have really grown to dislike the "I should have gone to Ditec" commercials. Whiney Mammas boys get on my nerves.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:51 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50928
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:19 am
terribly sorry all it was a pic of Bob from the enzyte commercials it must have changed or a2k took it off sorry.
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 01:41 pm
sorry it was a pic of Bob from enzyte I think everyone thought it was funny now its ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://brainblenders.blogs.com/pop/smiling_bob-thumb.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:43 am
That ad for Lamasil where the infection burrows under someone's toenail makes me want to puke. Whoever wrote that ad needs to go back to Madison Avenue, and take another ad writing course. That ad is totally counterproductive. I would never use Lamasil if all my toenails were mustard color! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 07:00 am
Yes, that lamasil commercial is absolutely disgusting! The first time I saw it my stomach turned over.

I think the vast majority of commercials get old really quickly.

I probably watch about 3 hours of TV per week, and sometimes I think if I'm going bonkers seeing the gietec (sp?) guy, geico lizard or the guy trying to get his cat to play, what is it doing to the brains of people who watch much, much more.

OH - and the "wonderin' what clothes to wear....wonderin' what clothes to wear....wonderin' what clothes to wear......" was funny exactly twice.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:29 am
The trend of TV commercials in general is poor. There is virtually no information given about the product and how it compares to other similar products. You're expected to buy their brand because the ad is cuter or more entertaining or because it can hold your attention for a few seconds more and, therefore, you remember the brand name.

The people who write the commercials and the people who buy the commercials must think we're a bunch of morons with an average age of about 14 and easily manipulated.

There's an allergy medicine with an animated segment showing a bee and some flowers that supposedly make us sneeze, but none of the flowers shown are allergenic.

The toenail fungus ad is disgusting, and it's painful to watch a toenail being bent backward, so I quickly change the station when it appears. Is that what they're after?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 03:27 pm
coluber2001 wrote:
There's an allergy medicine with an animated segment showing a bee and some flowers that supposedly make us sneeze, but none of the flowers shown are allergenic.

I like to watch for screw ups like that on TV. Like around Christmas and they have "Avoid the 13" commercials surrounded by Budweiser ads.

Just the other day I was watching Alias and Sydney sits down to dinner with her father and he asks her "Would you like some Pinot Noir?" as he pours from a square shouldered Bordeaux bottle.
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 12:30 pm
I'm not sure if it still plays, but it was for Vonage broadband.

WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO. WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO...

/gunshot
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 01:00 pm
Levi wrote:
I'm not sure if it still plays, but it was for Vonage broadband.

WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO. WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO...

/gunshot

that's why I keep my hand on the mute button.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 01:29 pm
The one Red Stripe Beer commercial that says "helping are white friends to dance for two decades" or something to that effect.

I can't see how they let that racist **** on tv.
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 11:54 pm
I also dislike the new Right Guard Extreme Red Rover commercial on account of the man explaining the product. The camera doesn't pan to him, but rather, he presses his face close to it and gives his little shitty tee hee hee! giggle as the athletes are thrown to the ground. He does this two or three times.
0 Replies