Vinyl Flooring fixes

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:01 am
I have two challenges with my newly laid vinyl flooring. we put down the squares and our room is not perfectly square so along the baseboard we have some gaps. Does anyone know what i could use to fill in the gaps? It wouldl be extremely hard to cut those odd shaped thin floor tile strips and i am wondering if there is some sort of filler, epoxy, etc?

Also the edges of these tiles unfortunately are beveled and do not meet square at every corner. THere are a few small thin lined gaps between some of them. any idea what i could fill hose with a touchup?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JTT

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:34 am
Re: Vinyl Flooring fixes
weinerles wrote:
I have two challenges with my newly laid vinyl flooring. we put down the squares and our room is not perfectly square so along the baseboard we have some gaps. Does anyone know what i could use to fill in the gaps? It wouldl be extremely hard to cut those odd shaped thin floor tile strips and i am wondering if there is some sort of filler, epoxy, etc?

Also the edges of these tiles unfortunately are beveled and do not meet square at every corner. THere are a few small thin lined gaps between some of them. any idea what i could fill hose with a touchup?

Thanks!

I assume you mean the 12x12 vinyl tiles. You should have pulled the baseboards and cut the last tiles to be hidden under the baseboard when they were replaced.

Here's what I would now recommend;

Add a 1/2" or 3/4" cove moulding {or 1/4 round moulding} to the baseboards. Surely your cuts on the vinyl tiles haven't left more than a 3/4" gap anywhere.

As for a filler, if the gaps aren't too wide, you might be able to use the welding seam sealer used on sheet vinyl flooring. Check with a floor covering shop.
0 Replies

don1000don

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:03 pm
You've probably already stuck the tiles, but for next time:
When you get to the second from edge tile, place the actual edge tile in position, and the second to edge tile, in its correct position, over it. Mark the line, cut. Perfect fit every time!
0 Replies