WHICH FOODS ARE SAFE TO EAT?

Badboy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 06:52 am
With all of these food scares,can someone please tell me which foods are safe to eat?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,574 • Replies: 21
No top replies

material girl

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 07:25 am
Well, Im no expert but I can only suggest naturally grown foods which have no chemicals used on them would be the safest.Maybe even grow food yourself then you know whats been used with it.
I suppose disease can be found in meat, or at least cause illness if kept badly.
Some veg is genetically modified.
Over here we have had a food colouring scare which they believe can cause cancer!!
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:10 am
I know all about it,living in UK with SUDAN 1 AND 2,chilli power has something in it.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:32 pm
The food scares are ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing wrong with genetically modified food, or non organic food. These foods are rigourously tested and proven safe.

The only problems with food/industry come from pesticide use and hormone use. Hence, buy organic milk and wash your fruits and vegetables very well. Also, select fish with low mercury & toxin levels.

Worrying about anything beyond that is ridiculous. you're much more likely to be killed in a car wreck or be eaten by sharks than getting cancer from carrots or chili peppers, or contracting mad cow disease.
0 Replies

Jodelle530

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:34 pm
Can someoene please help me, I have a lot of acne and I use to think it's from the foods I eat but I haven't eaten any sweets for more than 3 years and my acne has gotten worse...PLEASE HELP!!!
0 Replies

Jodelle530

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:36 pm
FRUITS and VEGGIES!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:45 pm
Jodelle, while it's always important to eat a good, balanced diet for general health reasons, acne is primarily caused by hormones, not diet.

How old are you? Have you seen a dermatologist?
0 Replies

Jodelle530

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 05:07 pm
Thanks Eva, I'm new here and it's nice to know someone's actually trying to help you out. Yeah, I've seen many many dermotologists, they all just give me pills and tell me to come back in a month, no results. It's so frustrating to have so much acne. I'm 18 almost 19, thanks again for the reply!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:06 pm
Have your tried Acutane? I have never seen it not work on acne, but there are side effects - more for women than men.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:33 pm
Hang in there, Jodelle! Have the dermatologists given you any reasons for the acne or any timetable for when it will likely subside? Are you taking any kind of hormones that might make it worse?

My husband had severe acne until he was about 21, but after that it was minimal. The good news is that at your age, you may not have to worry about it much longer.

However, I'm puzzled as to why "many, many" dermatologists have been unable to help you. When you return after following their regimen without results, what do they say?
0 Replies

Jodelle530

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:35 am
Green Witch wrote:
Have your tried Acutane? I have never seen it not work on acne, but there are side effects - more for women than men.

HMM, never been recommended to use acutane before. I'm gonna ask my dermotoligist about that on my next visit. Yeah, side effects are scary but you gotta sacrifice some things right. Well thanks for your help!
0 Replies

Jodelle530

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:38 am
No, I haven't been given any timetable, the reason for my acne is that they say it's heriditory, my dad's 39 and he still breaks out almost on a daily basis. I have been to more dermotoligists than you can imagine and even though it may sound odd, they just tell me to use this pill or this cream and come back later, and when i go back n they see no results, they give me some other cream or pill, that's all they do. It's hard.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 08:54 am
AT THE RATE FODD AND DRINK ARE BEING DECLARED UNSAFE,STARVATION MIGHT BE ONLY SAFE OPTION!
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 12:57 pm
Re: WHICH FOODS ARE SAFE TO EAT?
Badboy wrote:
With all of these food scares,can someone please tell me which foods are safe to eat?

I dunno about normal western diet, but being an Indian, few tips to eat in Indian....

SAFEST Indian food to eat is ...

1. Idli - a fermented and then Steamed pancake of rice flour and some type of lentils. It's even recommended to people who suffer thru stomach cancers (who cant digest most things). Highly nutritious and easiest to digest.

2. Dal - Curry of lentils and Indian spices. This is great with steamed rice.

ok eat them when they are hot.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:34 am
Are these sold in the shops,as I haven't seen them(my local superstore sells onion bhaji)
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 01:18 pm
Badboy wrote:
Are these sold in the shops,as I haven't seen them(my local superstore sells onion bhaji)

Idli Mix (to make idli from it) and Daal (lentil curry) must be sold everywhere.

Indian Restuarents always have these 2 items.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 03:22 pm
Badboy wrote:
AT THE RATE FODD AND DRINK ARE BEING DECLARED UNSAFE,STARVATION MIGHT BE ONLY SAFE OPTION!

food scares?

Starvation isn't safe either.

What food scares? The only food I'm scared of is fish more than once/week. I can't think of anything else I avoid.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:27 am
Pfft... practically anything can kill you. Just be sensible. Don't eat too much of anything. Wash veggies and fruits thoroughly. If in doubt, peel the skin off (though you will be getting rid of a few of the nutrients by doing so).

Frozen veggies are as nutritious as fresh. The only problem is that you'll lose nutrients when you cook them, but that happens with fresh as well.

And avoid any food that is made in China (if it's veggies, go ahead and have some but wash them very, very thoroughly).

China is home to some very nasty counterfeit foods that you wouldn't want to go anywhere near (like the Soy Sauce that was made with human hair).
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:34 am
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS,MAN!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:05 am
Badboy wrote:
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS,MAN!

Very serious. In China, there was one particular case where many babies got ill from being fed counterfeit baby food, or maybe it was counterfeit baby formula...

Then there's this:

http://english.people.com.cn/english/200106/23/eng20010623_73320.html
0 Replies