AVENGER'S ENDGAME EVERYONE! ((WOOT!))

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 09:38 am
Avengers: Endgame is upon us puny mortals!

What's your favorite MCEU/Disney-Marvel film? Are you a Marvel Comic geek? Do the movies do the comic books justice (or do they kick their collective paper booties)? Which Marvel hero do you most relate to? Which one do you hate/disdain the most?

Seeing it this opening week with the rabid, unclean populous? Wink
If you say that you are illegally downloading/streaming it? I will task the Hulk and Thor to find you and pulverize you into the great cosmic stardust of Infinity that everything and everyone is made of!

You need a quick reminding jaunt through why the past ten years of Marvel Extended Cinematic Universe flicks have captured so much love and admiration from fanboys, fangirls, academics, and regular joe schmoes? Try this Youtube playlist for a start.
One Marvelous Scene
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,140 • Replies: 21

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 10:38 am
@tsarstepan,
You may be interested in this.

Quote:
The purple carpet was rolled out for the star-studded Avengers cast in Los Angeles on Monday at the premiere of Endgame.

The latest Marvel movie is the last in their epic 22 film series; the industry's highest-grossing franchise of all time.

So far the three-hour action spectacle has been been kept tightly under wraps.

Now, ahead of its release in cinemas on Wednesday, here's the SPOILER FREE nuggets we've discovered so far:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48022070
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 12:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
It’s all going to turn out to be a dream and Black Widow is going to wake up in bed next to Bob Newhart.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 12:50 pm
@rosborne979,
That would still be a thousand times better than the St. Elsewhere dream finale.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/TommyWestphall-TheLastOne-1988.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 08:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Seeing it this opening week with the rabid, unclean populous?

Probably. And I'm thinking of driving to a city so I can see it with Dolby Atmos audio.

tsarstepan wrote:
You need a quick reminding jaunt through why the past ten years of Marvel Extended Cinematic Universe flicks have captured so much love and admiration from fanboys, fangirls, academics, and regular joe schmoes? Try this Youtube playlist for a start.
One Marvelous Scene

That's interesting. In the afterparty scene of Ultron, I never noticed that the hammer almost moved for Captain America. I thought he just failed to pick it up like everyone else.

I think Ultron is streaming on the Sci-Fi channel on Roku. I'll have to go take a second look at that.

I've already re-watched the first Avengers movie from 2012, Winter Soldier and Civil War (for the Captain vs Iron Man character arc), and Ragnarok and Infinity War (for the Hulk vs Banner character arc) in the past few weeks to refresh myself on the major plot-lines.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 07:02 am
Our local theater just put in 2 ATMOS theaters and I have to say that the difference is worth paying for. I had no idea as I had not been in one previously. I need ATMOS ay home now.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 07:09 am
@McGentrix,
I have to be careful when attending ATMOS screenings (action films). Be as far back to the back of the theater as possible. They can be a tad too loud for my sadsack ears.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 07:15 am
@tsarstepan,
I plan to see it Monday, as I have day off and kiddies will be back in school.

I have enjoyed both universe's movies. I watched Aquaman and thought it was really good, then watched Aquaman again and reinforced that thought but watched Wonderwoman again and it just blew Aquaman away storywise. Both were good and Shazam was also good.

Marvel is at a different level though. They have so much character development now. We are invested in them.

The Captain America films are my favorite hands down. Winter Soldier is up at the top. I am looking forward to this one a lot. I like the rumors that they have put out so many fake ads no one has any idea what might actually happen.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 06:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
I have to be careful when attending ATMOS screenings (action films). Be as far back to the back of the theater as possible. They can be a tad too loud for my sadsack ears.

The best place is in the very center, just like the best place in front of a set of stereo speakers is directly between them.

Atmos is like "stereo" for surround sound.

A properly-created song in stereo knits the speakers together so you can hear the position of each instrument arrayed in front of you, and even hear positions of the instruments move if the sound engineers so desire.

Atmos knits the all of the surround sound speakers together so that every sound in the movie has a defined position, and the positions of each sound can be made to move around the theater to follow the movement of the action on the screen.

If you are in the dead center of the theater you have the perfect balance of sounds moving around on all sides of you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 09:57 am
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 11:15 am
@tsarstepan,
Saw it yesterday. Highly recommended if you are a fan of the genre.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 08:15 am
Go to Google. Search for "thanos".

Click on the gauntlet.
Quote:
http://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/16194182/Screen_Shot_2019_04_26_at_11.13.17_AM.png
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 06:19 am
@engineer,
Solid and very fun and ultimately very satisfying film. Definitely worth its three hour runtime. Will be seeing it again... but in much more comfortable lazy boy recliner seats (getting my ticket late in the game ... midlastweek ... I had to sacrifice choice of theater to see it this past Sunday).

Cheers and (modest amounts of) tears were shared throughout the theater that afternoon.

We are Iron Man!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 06:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Go to Google. Search for "thanos".

Click on the gauntlet.
Quote:
http://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/16194182/Screen_Shot_2019_04_26_at_11.13.17_AM.png

That was awesome. Thanks.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 09:40 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 10:33 am
@tsarstepan,
Dark phoenix

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 02:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
I can say I'm a Marvel Comic geek. It's very difficult to name one best character.. I love all of them! Let it be Dr. Strange
But if we are talking not only about Marvel - Superman is my One Love forever
0 Replies

Dark phoenix

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 02:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
Gosh now I want ice cream!!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 09:22 am
0 Replies

mat67

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 03:26 pm
what I did not like about end game is that Tony Stark dies.
0 Replies