Charge moves relative to charge: one thing two aspects?

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2019 02:50 am
Because conservation of charges, here construct a simplest system: a proton on the left side and an electron on the right side.
Two charges move relative to each other (one thing). Suppose the distance is increasing.
When the frame of reference is established on the proton, the electron is moving and experiences decreasing of electric potential (one aspect); when the frame of reference is established on the electron, the proton is moving and experiences increasing of electric potential (another aspect). Logically, these two movements seem to be different events and so these two aspects are different? What's the result?
Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,023 • Replies: 14
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 12:45 pm
@htam9876,
On a Planetary scale - The Earth reverses spin - When its poles (magnetic) 'flip'
If you survive the next 27yrs - You'll witness it firsthand.

Oct 16th, 2046. (Every 12,068yrs - On the Nose).
htam9876

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 07:39 pm
@mark noble,
What? Can the Earth reverse spin? Where's huge angular momentum gone?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 08:33 pm
@htam9876,
I think you are calculating electric potential wrong.

What is your math for electric potential? The equation I would use is KqQ/r where q is the charge of the proton, and Q is the charge of the electron and r is the distance between them.

In either frame of reference you specify, r is increasing. (since q and Q have opposite charge... the potential energy is increasing toward zero).

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 08:37 pm
@htam9876,
Ignore Mark Noble in anything about science. His posts are just phrases selected at random from a science dictionary.
htam9876

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 01:38 am
@maxdancona,
1. More often, people use Q to denote the charge of proton while q denote the charge of electron. I don't know why they do this. Perhaps the mass of proton is bigger than electron. But I don't mind. Maybe in respect of size, Electron is bigger than proton?
2. What your equation KqQ/r calcaulates is "potential energy", just is the "one thing". Kq/r or KQ/r is potential, the "aspects"
htam9876

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 01:40 am
@maxdancona,
??? wonderful...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 05:23 am
@htam9876,
1. I don't understand what you mean by "aspect".

2. A single charge has zero potential electric energy since there is nothing that will put a force on it.

3. Energy involves the ability to do work where work is defined as the ability to prove a force over a distance. I am using the underlines to denote that these are physics terms with very strict mathematical definitions (not to be confused with non-scientific versions of these terms).

If you take an Electricity and Magnetism course, you will do a lot of mathematical problems involving all types of energy and work. The law of conservation of energy always applies, you get out the amount of energy equal to do the amount of work you do to the system.

htam9876

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 05:26 pm
@maxdancona,
1.I' m sorry that I don't know how to explain it explicitly because my first language is not English. Ask a question: what's the difference between these two terminologies in English: "electric potential energy" vs "electric potential"?

2. I know that what you are talking about is "electric potential energy". Actually, it's the "one thing" mentioned in my topic.

I did too much exercises when I was in school and I' m scared to do that again. Haha...
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 05:52 pm
@htam9876,
Oops, I guess I changed "Electric Potential" to "Electric Potential Energy" because you were talking about two charges. The Electric Potential at a point is related to the work that is needed to bring a unit charge from the reference point to that point. We often choose infinity as the reference point because it makes the calculations easier.

Electric potential energy is measuring a relationship between two or more particles. The Electric potential is measuring the "energy" that a hypothetical particle with a unit charge would have if it existed (by making the "unit charge" hypothetical... you are measuring the field).

Electric Potential Energy is easier to understand (at least in the way I look at things). Electric Potential is a little more abstract.

I don't know if I am confusing things. The real way to learn this is to do exercises.

htam9876

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 08:00 pm
@maxdancona,
It seems that you have made clear what my topic is talking. Thank you.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 09:17 am
@htam9876,
It's supposed to be a secret.
But, every 12,068yrs - It happens - BIG Reset.
Douglas Vogt.
Check it.
htam9876

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 03:50 pm
@mark noble,
Yeah,,, ah,,,yeah....The word "serect" always can make people curious. I got it, thak you. I hope that I can survive in the next 27 years and witness the great event of the Earth. Ok?
The result of "one thing" mentioned in my topic is of course the "magnetism". What's the result of the "two aspects"? If you call tell me the answer, I will be more grateful....
mark noble

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:40 am
@htam9876,
I did.

When 'spin' reverses - All that is dependant on said 'spin' follows suit.

Everything Spins.
EVERYTHING 'SPINS'.

Newtons' 3rd (motion) - (Physically-bound) ' 'Every action " " " - Just ADD "SPIN"
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:52 am
@htam9876,
The 'micronova-event' is NOT supposed to be in the 'public domain' - Nor is any branch of 'education' allowed to 'lean' toward 'said' event.

'COGS'' function 'identically' to magnetism - One is visible, the other (energy) is Not.
Same functions apply to each.

Dude! The 'event' is in 27yrs - We ain't got '4'.

All's Well:)
0 Replies