How Powerful is Satan?

Kara

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 06:41 pm
Ge, I like your poem. I'm still trying to work it out in my mind.

To me, it says that your everyday personna is a shell (as it is for all of us) that has grown away from you and exists apart from you. However, at the end of the day, You are there and always will be, that you are eternal.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 05:42 am
Morning B ... it was just a thought about a thought about how thoughts are real, and more than a little voice that calls out the letters as you type. Thought is what bends and shapes you as you follow serendipities withering trail. You are responsible for what you have come to be .... a truth unrealized until you turn to observe your trail. Your thoughts have power, real power ... the power to 'change' your world.
Did you ever wonder what language God thinks in? If creationism is true I doubt if God used a hammer and saw to accomplish his works, he 'thought' his creations into reality The same thought that calls out letters to me as I type .... calls out sentences to others and still more for Gods.
We are here to ascend ... yet most have, through not choosing, choosen serendipity.
How far I have grown away.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 06:34 am
I am much too direct to think in such flowery poetic terms. Even my 'poems' are too direct, I should give it up after reading ya'lls.

Your right about thought though, mine gets me in trouble an awful lot. Sometimes I wish I could borrow someone eles's for a while. :wink:
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 06:44 am
revel, I don't think of it as flowery or poetic, unless by poetic you mean trying to express and compress thought into words. Straight-forward words just won't work sometimes; they have too many shadings that are accepted by the listener even when you didn't intend them to be.

A poem is a whole, a captured concept, unlike a word that is only a symbol and an imperfect one at that.

I can understand Ge's idea of thought as power, as bringing something to life, and how we don't use thought to ascend but waste our powers by letting our lives just happen. When I get even a fleeting glimpse of God, it is of pure form and energy, and projecting that as thought would be a means of creation. I get no sense of morality in God, no good or bad (those decisions are ours) only essence.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 10:49 am
If you believe there is Satan surely you agree with the fact that it is God that told us about him in the Holy books .

If you believe Satan is the Evil side surely you agree with the fact that it is God that told us about him in the Holy books .

Are you telling me that God tell the truth something ? Wait a Minute!!!!!... I just proved that many Atheists, their own beliefs tell about the existence of God but don't wanna show it. Isn't that Arrogance or Confusion or Hiding the Truth or Hiding from the Truth ? IS it because the Truth is so hard to follow or apply and does not let the person enjoy the forbidden fruit ?

The Injust thing to do is to Enjoy the Fruit in this life and the Hereafter.

If you say that you don't believe in a Hereafter....Then why you and
I are going to die ?Forget about this question now.... What if there is a Hereafter ? Many of us believe in that in a form of reincarnation, the majority of humanity believe in a Hereafter.

Sometimes the feeling of a Majority is most likely to be true. Our sciences are based on Statistics and in any scientific study the more sample you have the more likely the theory is approaching the truth. Stick to the feeling of the Majority even if you are refusing to look at the truth and prove it true to yourself and you will find that you were too lost.

Have you ever looked at your body and was amazed with the five finger's feet and hands ? Why does it look like that and not a one arm with 6 fingers for example ? Don't you think that you will feel sorry for someone with no arms. All this doesn't look like it was a product of random phenomena. Why you have vains where a flow of blood circulates, a pump, organs that do their special job and all is engineeraly organized ? If you think you created yourself then I will just be like: Wow. You are the Man!!
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 10:58 am
Can you imagine a car that was designed randomly ?

We only assemble things we found in earth like iron....etc and used tools we got with our bodies : the Brain
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 09:42 pm
I think satan is a very powerful way of avoiding responsibilty for your most base desires.

And a very powerful excuse for actions based on them.
0 Replies