FOR LIGHTWIZARD----YOU REALLY GONNA SEE HITCH HIKERS GUIDE?

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:00 pm
Nope, that was the David Lynch film also shown on TV in an extended version not approved by Mr. Lynch.

No, not out of the country or in jail but back full time at a gallery and not able to keep up with the film forum all that well. Someone else is not managing the featured topics and I actually have had enough time to post on the other threads.

I'm not encouraged that this is a good adaptation of the material so will wait for the DVD or cable.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 02:09 pm
"Hitchhiker's Guide" dropped to below 10M this weekend which, unfortunately for the filmmakers, will make it unlikely it will make its cost. Of course, as DVD releases how count for a whopping 60%, it doesn't mean that in sales and rentals it won't make money. It's just more bad news for the theater owners. I think we are going to see more of the older and smaller multiplexes close their doors this year. After the hugh bankruptcy of our local Edwards Theaters and Regal trying to reconstutute the chain, the theater business isn't one anyone would want to get into right now. Krikorean has built a huge cineplex near me and I have made it a point to drive to the THX Century Theaters near Disneyland to see films essentially made for the big screen.

Also dropping like a rock is "Amityville Horror: Part Ad Nauseum."
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 02:16 pm
I saw it last night. Good visuals, and some mildly humorous parts, but not much else.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 02:23 pm
That's an unencouraging review.
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 02:27 pm
Yup, I would have rather spent my money on a case of beer.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 04:52 pm
Too bad -- the material was ripe for a great screen adaptation. Of course, it's not as fattening as beer, but who cares?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 05:15 pm
It's been so long since I've read Hitchhikers Guide... that I forgot most of it. I do recall The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul as being enormously entertaining, but that wasn't part of the guide. Or was it?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 05:18 pm
No it wasn't. That was later, between parts 3 and 4 of the trilogy, I think.
0 Replies