Bunk bed racking

Distela

Tue 2 Apr, 2019 03:00 am
A number of years ago I built bunk beds for the kids. Now the beds are in my daughters room. The beds rack somewhat and I would like to stiffen them a bit. It is an inline bunk. Any ideas for stiffening the beds. Small gusset plates? Obviously, I would like to keep it looking somewhat pleasing. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,110 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

Jewels Vern

Wed 3 Apr, 2019 08:18 pm
Hardware stores sell steel braces for that purpose. They can be small or large and they are often in different colors. But you certainly can paint to match.
0 Replies

Wrolliri

Tue 9 Apr, 2019 01:03 am
@Distela,
I had this issue with my daughter bed in her dorm. I am assuming the the bed are stack on top of each other? What I did was use two ratcheting straps. Each one going from the top of one bed to the bottom of the opposite end of the lower bed. the result was a X on the long side of the bed where is was against the wall. That helped a lot but was not that pretty. Could do something similar with steel cables and turnbuckles.

If the setup was acceptable at some point, I would consider taking the bed apart and fixing it the right way. I didn't have that option since these were dorm beds.
0 Replies