Sin City

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 04:43 pm
And what do we all think about this movie?

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed it greatly. Although there were things in the movie that were disgusting, there were many other things that were not. It's difficult to show good or relative good without also showing evil.

I will just sit back and let the arguments, which I assume are inevitable, unfold.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,574 • Replies: 11
No top replies

thiefoflight

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 06:34 am
I loved it and I just read they plan on doing 2 sequels. As for the violence, I've watched alot of Asian Horror flicks so I might be used to it. It really didn't bother me that much and that it was in black and white probably took the edge off.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:14 am
I didnt see the movie as violent at all.
My husband on the other hand thought it was... Confused
I think I agree with the comment about it being in black and white and that takeing the edge off....
But, If I imagine it happening in color... ?.. I still dont see it as a truly violent movie. The violence played into the story. It wasnt ' fighting just to fight', it was Marv trying to right the wrong of Goldie's death.
In my opinion, a violent movie is one where there is nothing but fighting and no reason for it. I didnt see that this movie did that.

As for the movie itself.. I truthfully hated it , until about 3 days after and I had mulled over the story, re-read the graphic novel.... now.. I love it.
It was strange. I think I hated it because noone has ever created a moving comic book before and it was still too new of an idea for me to be comfortable with. Now that I think over the movie, I find NOTHING about it I dis-liked. ! I am going to see it again next week. ... lets see if my opinion changes.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 06:09 am
I liked Sin City a lot. But I enjoyed Kung Fu Hustle even more Smile
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 11:51 pm
Sin City was great...

I loved the visual style of it the most, though. Truly inspiring for someone like myself, who always takes note of neat scenes and camera ideas. I consider myself to be an artist-in-training with much of this stuff Wink
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:09 am
I just read that both KUNG FU HUSTLE and SIN CITY are going to have sequels
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:06 am
thiefoflight wrote:
I just read that both KUNG FU HUSTLE and SIN CITY are going to have sequels

Kung Fu Hustle was so good, in an innocent sort of way, that I don't think any sequel could possibly do it justice.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:55 pm
They're both having sequels and SIN CITY is reported to have TWO sequels planned? That nuts. I'm not sure it'll need two sequels. One maybe?
0 Replies

quiksilver111

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 11:10 pm
Amazingly done movie that I really loved. Some of my friends didn't think so and others completely agreed. I loved it being in black and white. I gave a real feel to the movie which made it different than the many cookie cutter movies being released this day in age.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:01 am
The KUNG FU HUSTLE sequel is supposed to be about the mute girl.
0 Replies

quiksilver111

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:47 pm
What could a sequel to sin city be about, I don't know much about the book or whatever it was based on?
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:17 pm
There is at least 4 books in the series so plenty of story lines still could be filmed.
0 Replies