Superbowl Commercials

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 09:31 pm
Do you watch the Superbowl for the interesting commercials. Why would a company pay so much for a highly entertaining commercial during a game in which a lot of viewers are probably toasted and won't remember the "Ask Jeeves" commercial?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 723 • Replies: 4
No top replies

smog

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 02:34 am
I used to watch the Super Bowl for football. Then I got tired of football, so I kept watching just for the commercials. Then I got tired of the commercials, so I stopped watching the Super Bowl altogether. And while most people won't remember the specific commercials, they will always remember that "Hey, Bud Light has the BEST ads" or "Man, those Pepsi commericals are always so funny" or "Target is so original!" and the company will still stick in their minds.
0 Replies

Can of Ham

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 05:32 pm
I wonder if a company could gain notority for playing a really crappy commercial. They should have butchered the "ask jeeves" commercial that mocked the Janet Jackson incident last year. I would have just shown the back of the pretty brunette and slowly panned around when she dropped her top. As the camera pans to her front side it turns out to be Roseanne Barr holding a sign over her chest saying "Did you find what you were looking for....... Ask Jeeves."
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 07:37 pm
HAha. That's brilliant...
0 Replies

Can of Ham

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 07:54 pm
I spent alot of time producing that 10 cent commercial. I'd think it would be a great camcorder moment if the room full of viewers is drunk and start cat calling at the screen because they are blindly drunk. Wait til their friends break their stones the next morning.
0 Replies