Preliminary A2K Elections (#2)

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:47 am
no, ellpus joined dlowan and dag. but we'll take kicky and gus,too, right? proportional representation is what i'm after. none of that majority two-party crap.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:50 am
Dag, I'm sorry, but ellpus is with the Gus/Kicky ticket...trust me. He knows a winner when he sees one. Actually, Ellpus has more votes than me, so maybe it's the Gus/Ellpus ticket now...

At any rate, you should think about joining us. Think long and hard about it.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:02 am
I think Gus, Ellpus and Kicky make a great team. I mean, I'm a little bit sorry to have to say so of course; Gus sure poses a daunting challenge to Soz's candidacy. But they fit very well together.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if Lord Ellpus still comes in at least third, perhaps even second, in the race here. It's gonna be a tight race between him and Dlowan in any case - though I'm still confident that Farmerman will come out on top.
0 Replies

zippy-in-2005

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:14 am
Ladies and gentlemen!

I am honoured to see my name listed on the slate of candidates. Indeed, I think I would be up to the task of fulfilling a leading position in the responsible administration of our community! I certainly posess the qualities for enjoyable, if not sane leadership!

I see there has been some speculation about my identity and allegiance around these boards. It's true: my emergence may have surprised some people, seeing how I haven't posted here before. But rest assured: I'm one of the good guys.

With my campaign bus, Zippy-in-2005!, I will tour in a place near you soon. Feel free to ask me any questions when I do. I trust that I can convince you of the great value I could be of to the Atookai community.

However, there is one thing I will not be. President. It is just not the right job for me. I appreciate all your votes, truly I do. And I will work for you. I will fight for you, and fight for your families. But not as President.

Instead, I endorse the only man who, in my modest opinion, can do the job. The only man who has the acumen, the audacity, the assertion of wit and intellect to do our community justice.

Ladies and gentlemen, this May, I heartily endorse a responsible vote, a wise vote, a just vote - a vote for Farmerman!

Vote Farmerman, and vote often.

Thank you,

Zippy (in 2005)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:16 am
Poll
I voted for Farmerman because he rocks.

BBB
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:41 am
You're a wise woman, BBB. Don't forget to vote in the other primaries as well. Dys is standing in Primary #3. And in Primary #1, it's a close race between Sozobe and Gus! What to do? Well, let me try to sway your vote with a wink and a song - everybody sing along now, you know this by now!

Heigh ho Sozobe go!
Fight for our rights and take down their show
Fair and true, for all not the few
For freedom and justice, we want you!

The common man, he hasn't been heard
Reason and sense have too long been deferred
Amidst wheeling and dealing, fences and strife
Politicans dont care 'bout a working man's life

Yeah it's sure a sad story to have to talk of
How the same men, who with faces irate
Speak of God, country and fate
Forget 'bout us, when push comes to shove!

Stubborn and haughty, talkin' of high moral stakes
They never confess to making mistakes
But while their bold lies spread fear and hate,
They're paid by the rich to slash their tax rate

Heigh ho Sozobe go!

We want someone who cares, committed and just
Whose stand on democracy the world can trust
Who'll stand strong for free and fair trade
But never negate the state's duty to aid

We long for a country kind, open and strong
A land with a heart, where all can belong
No petty spite or partisan gripes
nor religion's bans or hateful hypes
But communities that grow like they did long ago!

Heigh ho Sozobe go!

There once was a road of progress and truth
Where FDR led us and Farm-Labor fought
Choose Farmer and Soz in the voting booth
And we'll find it back, see justice rewrought!

Listen you citizen, and heed my advice
Vote for the candidate who knows what to do
Valiant and wise, astute and concise
Soz is the Prez for me and for you!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:50 am
Oh, I see. so now Masaryk's gone from your little anthem. Nice show of morale, traitor!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:57 am
Eh, you noticed huh? Razz
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:59 am
grrrrr, you just wait when i get to you in budapest!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:10 am
Hey, it shows just how very precise and vigilant person you are! Are you sure you wouldn't want to be, say, Minister of Homeland Security in a Soz/Farmerman administration? Hey, forget about me. I'm not important, I'm just the campaign manager. It's not their fault that I use dirty, eh, I mean, that I optimize our outreach by sophisticated strategies that capitalise on win-win opportunities - it's just what you've got to do nowadays. But look at Bush and Rove - its not like Rove actually gets to decide ... ok, wrong example. But you know what I mean, right?

<smiles sweetly>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:28 am
Dag, don't listen to him. He's just trying to trick you. Besides, there's no way this Farmerman ticket can beat the powerhouse team that we have assembled. Plus, we'll give you chocolate!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:36 am
<AHEM!> EXCUSE ME!!!

Chocolate has already been claimed as a plank of the Love & Beauty platform.

Now being served at Eva's Wine Cellar. Come on over, Dag!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:38 am
Hehehe...relishing the reaction when Eva gets back to campaign headquarters and finds all of her party's chocolate has been ganked by secret operatives...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:41 am
Dag, come over to the GKE party. Just think about it.....every whim catered for.

Imagine a sunny Sunday morning....cool breeze coming through the window.....you slowly awake to find a vision at the end of your bed....GUS!...in his nearly new long johns, legs akimbo....with a provocative smile on his face. You just KNOW you'd love a Sunday like that.

Go on........you know you want to.

GKE...THE ONLY WAY TO GO !!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:45 am
Ah papperlapapp, who needs the Old & Grumpy party
anyway.

You're so out of it.

Only with Eva there will be a winning team!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:48 am
Yes, do imagine that, Dag. Then, after your stomach settles, head on over to the Wine Cellar and join us. We're saving you a seat by the fire, and Jacques will serve you personally.

(Note to Kicky: ME, run out of chocolate?! You must be kidding!!! Besides, you wouldn't know good chocolate if you mud-wrestled in it.)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:50 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
GKE...THE ONLY WAY TO GO !!

You know, it also spells "KEG." :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:55 am
Eva wrote:
you wouldn't know good chocolate if you mud-wrestled in it.

Funny you should mention that ...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:56 am
Yes, and it also spells "EKG."

Don't vote for the Old & Grumpy ticket. Vote for people who really know how to party-- Love & Beauty! You know you want it....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:01 pm
So we have KEG (or EKG?)
Soz and farmer are SOFAR

Well, it seems I am wanted everywhere. Hmmmm, let's see who offers most....
Hey, who's Zippy with?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/02/2024 at 10:19:16