Preliminary A2K Elections (#1)

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:06 pm
As you know, the official polls for A2K president open on May 4th.

Here's the problem. There are a lot of people who want to run. Even more who should. And I can only include 10 poll options for the final vote.

My solution? Multiple votes.

Please vote for which of the above you feel should be included in the final ballot. There will be a second thread with firther names. Please vote on each list. Only those who recieve substantial votes will be included in the May 4th election.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,304 • Replies: 122
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:18 pm
Eva and someone else were mysteriously stricken from the list of options. It must be fate.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:21 pm
SCoates wrote:
Eva and someone else were mysteriously stricken from the list of options. It must be fate.

Is this an equal selection of libs and cons?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:23 pm
There was a nomination thread opened a few days ago. If you want to run I can put you on the next list.

Sorry I didn't answer you question.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:24 pm
Wasn't aware of that thread. I would love to run but I have about a farts chance in a wind storm of winning.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:25 pm
You're on the list. I'll make a third thread for preliminaries before May 4th.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:34 pm
Thats mean, putting me and Soz on the same list. And Slappy and Gus. I suspect a plot. You're deliberately trying to split the vote of your competitors, aren't you? Divide et impera? I got your number, you fat pink blob!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:35 pm
If nominated I will not run. If elected I will not serve.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:42 pm
i hereby nominate blueveinedthrobber, if only so he can be flogged at the polls.

(heh heh)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:34 pm
Vatican City...Wednesday, April 20th, 2005...Kicky steps up to the podium. The crowd goes silent as Kicky addresses them. He looks into the throngs of people that crowd the square before him, smiles, and begins to speak...

"Hi. I'm Kickycan, and I'd like to nominate a man who is very near and dear to my heart. A man who once had sex on a rock with one of the women of A2K...a man who once saved my life during a crazy bender in Montreal a few lifetimes ago...a man who I am proud to call my friend, and a man who I believe would make a great president of A2K. That man, Gustavratzenhoefer, is a man of the people!"

"Hehe...Gus would be a completely f*cking ridiculous candidate! Even worse than that Ross Perot freak, I think! But you know what? I voted for that little nutball a bunch of years back, and I STILL think he would have been as good a president as any of these jokers we've had for the past fifteen years or so...so I figger, in the spirit of crazy old coots who yell alot running the f*cking loony bin, I nominate Gustavratzenhoefer for President of A2K!!!"

<crickets chirping>

<...and I can be the shadowy vice president and shape the site to my will while he makes speeches and has comedians ridicule his every move mercilessly for years...yes, this is my dream...>

"Gus! He's the man! Vote for Gus, and his vice presidential running mate, Kickycan!!!"

<random, polite applause>

"And now, for your entertainment, ladies and gentlemen...Il Papa! That's right! Pope Benedict xvi!!!"

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAAmA4wYGPPFlVAEiJLzRv1RM472Git1G9mpibZ8GI0M!HyVyADMksyzbKu0TsNdmIFqCu1*61Vq7TgM7Q8lvTZyl7FCNMy4Gj0TjpnmWRG5l92B6ZYGnHSCThwAcE4c/Il-Papa-Nuovo.jpg

Il Papa: I like this man, Gustavratzenhoefer...I don't know why, but he makes me laugh, and sometimes...sometimes he makes me think. Gustavratzenhoefer...I like this man, and I give him my blessing..."

<standing ovation>

"And Kickycan will make a good vice president, with his sage counsel and diplomatic skill."

<crickets chirping>

...and thus, on this day was born the famous, or possibly more accurately, the infamous "Gus and Kicky" platform of 2005.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:39 pm
Will Slappy ever forgive you?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:45 pm
Slappy? Oh, don't worry about Slappy. He'll be well taken care of, trust me...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:53 pm
I want Noddy on the ballot.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:58 pm
And Joe from Chicago. He'd whoop everyone's ass in a debate. And Parados could be his Veep candidate.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:10 pm
vote early, vote often, vote Kucinich
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:37 pm
I really shouldn't nominate another adversary, but I can't help myself.

I nominate dyslexia.

The guy cracks me up.
I wouldn't even mind losing to him.
(Much.)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:50 pm
Dyslexia.....he's the guy that looks like Clint Eastwood isnt he? If he is, then he gets my vote, as we can then have ice cream on Sundays.

.....hang about....what about all the others? There are so many to choose from.

I change my vote to anyone who will promise me a cushy little job within the A2K hierarchy.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:28 am
Gus and Kicky..

Last thing we want is for a2k to turn into a banana republic

(Is negative campaigning allowed ??)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 02:38 am
At least I stand for SOMETHING!

Where am I on that damned ballot?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 05:33 am
You're on the other ballot. But you're trailing Farmerman. Badly.

Farmerman might be the only man able to stop the Gus/Puss/Kicky machine. Farmerman - will keep your lifestock safe.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Preliminary A2K Elections (#1)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:39:35