A Dutch Proverb

nimh

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 04:26 pm
nextone wrote:
Gezzy,
Perhaps your son will grow out of his allergies. My entire family was allergic to cats. When I visited friends who had longhaired cats I would break out in hives. When I was in my twenties, I was visiting a friend who had a cat and the last of her litter. I spent a good part of the evening playing with the kitten, and I realized I wasn't sneezing or itching. That kitten came home with us, first of many.

With me, it's the around way around. We used to have cats when I was a kid, I loved it. Even guinea pigs. But then I became allergic, getting short of breath at our punky guinea pigs and all their straw and hay, and ever since it's been downhill. I had to start taking anti-allergy pills everytime I went to visit my sister and her cats and even so would have trouble. Apparently I'm allergic to all kinds of things now (house dust) - had to start taking an anti-allergy pill every day and recently, even two, otherwise I get all itchy. It really sucks, especially about the cats, I would love to have cats, and so would Anastasia, it would really make life nicer.
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:17 am
nimh,
I hope your life's round and around will bring you to another allergy free time.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:00 pm
ninh
I'm sorry to hear that. It must be awful to be allergic to something you love. My sone is also allergic to just about everything. He's allergic to most animals, trees, grass, etc... It seem to be getting a bit better as he gets older, but they're still there. I really feel for you!
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:27 pm
Roger & Edgar, I have two rescued cats that I kept outside for a while but am allowing inside now. One of them has always been scared to death of everybody but will "talk" to us constantly. I think this sort of cat was never touched and doesn't want to be, doesn't understand it. However, with a lot of patience I can now pick her up and nuzzle her. Wonder why that's thrilling, but it just is.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:46 pm
That's so sweet :-)
0 Replies