Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

mark noble

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 01:56 pm
@Greatest I am,
Exactly what was meant.

What are these 'kariate brethren' you keep attaching to me, please?

namaste
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 02:53 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Exactly what was meant.

What are these 'kariate brethren' you keep attaching to me, please?

namaste

I assumed by your namaste sign off that you were a Jew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaite_Judaism

As I understand your traditions, if you are a Jew, is that the Karaites (my error corrected below), hold and mold the oral traditions which decides how the Torah and it's commentaries should be interpreted by your orthodoxy, if you are a Jew.

They can overrule god himself and that is why I think that my own Gnostic Christianity was perhaps founded by them and Chrestians who thought the same basic way along with what was left of your esoteric ecumenist wing that was quite large centuries before Jesus was invented.

This Rabbi is slow to go but if you start at the 15 min. mark it might grab you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tddCNY6U77Y

Oops. I used Karaite but meant Pharisees as the holders of the oral traditions. Karaite read the Torah literally.

Strange that the dozen or so Jews I have spoken to did not correct me. I guess that Jews know as little of their traditions as Christians do. I did not think this the case. Oh well

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 08:29 am
@Greatest I am,
'namaste' is an Eastern phrase - Meaning: 'I bow to the 'spirit' within you'.

I thought you may have mistaken my 'kybalion' referral, in a prior post, as a 'kaballah' referral. Some folk mistake the former for the latter - Ezekiels' hidden knowledge has nothing to do with Thoth/Hermes' emerald tablets - As you likely know.

I extract from all belief-systems what is true to form - I am therefor a subsciber to all, equally.

namaste
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 04:55 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

'namaste' is an Eastern phrase - Meaning: 'I bow to the 'spirit' within you'.

I thought you may have mistaken my 'kybalion' referral, in a prior post, as a 'kaballah' referral. Some folk mistake the former for the latter - Ezekiels' hidden knowledge has nothing to do with Thoth/Hermes' emerald tablets - As you likely know.

I extract from all belief-systems what is true to form - I am therefor a subsciber to all, equally.

namaste

Being an esoteric ecumenist is something I can respect given that that is what I am and why I chose to call myself a Gnostic Christian.

I am not sure what you mean by "subscribe".

I recognize them all but my religion is known for calling out what we see as immoral and that is what had us call Yahweh a demiurge even before Christians foolishly began to read their myths literally and dumbing down Christians. Allah is just as vile.

I can agree that both religions hold some decent rules and laws to live by but are more evil than good thanks to their misogynous and homophobic teachings. Equality seeking they are not.

Regards
DL

mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:14 am
@Greatest I am,
Before I respond to your prior post.
Do you perceive the 'serpent', Eden, as the 'good-guy', for want of better words?

Regards
Mark
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:04 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Before I respond to your prior post.
Do you perceive the 'serpent', Eden, as the 'good-guy', for want of better words?

Regards
Mark

Absolutely.

Like the Jews, I see Satan as god's loyal opposition.

Gen 3 ends with god saying that man has learned his lessons from the tree of all possible knowledge and has become as gods in the knowing of good and evil. I see that as quite good, while Christians see it as evil and thing man should have obeyed god's command to stay stupid with our eyes closed.

That is why Gnostic Christians are wrongly accused by ignorant and stupid people of being Satanists.

Christians see Original sin in Eden while we and Jews see Original Virtue.

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 12:16 pm
@Greatest I am,
It is also a luciferian principle - So it's easily connected - One to the other.
Do you believe the 'serpent' was pursuing its Godly Duty or acting independently?

namaste
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 02:23 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

It is also a luciferian principle - So it's easily connected - One to the other.
Do you believe the 'serpent' was pursuing its Godly Duty or acting independently?

namaste

It would have been out of duty to the human race and god.
Both characters are to serve man, is what I glen from what Jesus says and that is logical as god has no needs or wants that man can serve.

The tree of knowledge is synonymous with a school. The serpent basically tells us to seek education even if commanded to stay stupid and without a moral sense. The serpent helped make it possible for us to graduate and even be able to reproduce.

Regards
DL

mark noble

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:14 am
@Greatest I am,
Why do you (DL) think this sojourn was initiated?

What is Gods'/Our purpose?

Thanks

Regards
Mark
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 06:21 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Why do you (DL) think this sojourn was initiated?

What is Gods'/Our purpose?

Thanks

Regards
Mark

We cannot know why chance created what it did or that there was a sentient consciousness involve. None has ever been proven to exist except for humans and some of the lower animals.

Our purpose it seems to me is to do what we have done from day 1.
Learn and progress.

Is that not what you have been doing forever?

Regards
DL
0 Replies