Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

brianjakub

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2019 05:52 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but the fact that some priests wrote stories that contain the claims of witnesses to supernatural events prove nothing at all.
And you think stories about stellar nucleosynthesis does? Or Abiogenesis? Especially when they use the same circumstantial evidence to support their stories happened that the priests use minus the eyewitness accounts of course.
BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 02:50 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Sorry but the fact that some priests wrote stories that contain the claims of witnesses to supernatural events prove nothing at all.
And you think stories about stellar nucleosynthesis does? Or Abiogenesis? Especially when they use the same circumstantial evidence to support their stories happened that the priests use minus the eyewitness accounts of course.

Science theories are subject to constant checks to how must or little they are in agreement with known facts an no one is threaten with hell fire for questioning such theories.

Not a one theory relied on a writer claiming witnesses to events without any proof of either the event or the claim existence of witnesses to the event.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 03:53 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Not a one theory relied on a writer claiming witnesses to events without any proof of either the event or the claim existence of witnesses to the event.

All the matter in the universe contains a huge amount of information in the patterns it reveals for example. The periodic table of the element documents the fact that of every specific ion of every specific element has the exact same atomic structure. Where did all that structure come from? Science suggests stellar nucleosynthesis. Carbon fusing is a critical step in the process of creating large atoms from smaller as the following wiki article states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon-burning_process
Quote:
The carbon-burning process or carbon fusion is a set of nuclear fusion reactions that take place in the cores of massive stars (at least 8 {\displaystyle {\begin{smallmatrix}M_{\odot }\end{smallmatrix}}} {\begin{smallmatrix}M_{\odot }\end{smallmatrix}} at birth) that combines carbon into other elements. It requires high temperatures (> 5×108 K or 50 keV) and densities (> 3×109 kg/m3).[1]

These figures for temperature and density are only a guide. More massive stars burn their nuclear fuel more quickly, since they have to offset greater gravitational forces to stay in (approximate) hydrostatic equilibrium. That generally means higher temperatures, although lower densities, than for less massive stars.[2] To get the right figures for a particular mass, and a particular stage of evolution, it is necessary to use a numerical stellar model computed with computer algorithms.[3] Such models are continually being refined based on nuclear physics experiments (which measure nuclear reaction rates) and astronomical observations (which include direct observation of mass loss, detection of nuclear products from spectrum observations after convection zones develop from the surface to fusion-burning regions – known as dredge-up events – and so bring nuclear products to the surface, and many other observations relevant to models).

If you read the bold typed above they admit that they are writing a mathematical model so that the solution to the mathematical model correctly matches the ratios of the elements we observe today. The models do not tell us if the physical processes can be physically modeled.

Basically this is saying that scientists agree on a story written in mathematical form but have no proof that the physical processes that are told by the math story exist today or if they ever existed.

Jesus told a story verbally, that was recorded in written form, describing how he created the univerese in a step by step process long before men existed. He performed and replicated on a small scale parts of that process while he was on Earth as a man 2,000 years ago.

Both stories (the scientific and Jesus') have the exact same physical evidence as proof. Jesus provided an eye witness account because he did it. The scientists provide a story that few can interpret (and if you take the time to dig into it the story you find it is very far fetched and is statistically impossible) thus making it nearly impossible to discuss. If they want to prove their mathematical model they must illustrate the process in a physical way that can be visualized. In other words you can't say my math proves a plane can fly, you must also build a plane that does fly (or at least draw a picture of one)

Quote:
Science theories are subject to constant checks to how must or little they are in agreement with known facts an no one is threaten with hell fire for questioning such theories.

So science needs to make a virtual simulation of these atoms being produced in a star that a person can visualize. Checking if the math is correct is hardly enough. The process needs to be visualised and that needs to checked with reality.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2019 10:17 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
To say that god is just, one must run from moral discussions which is what you and most Christians do.
Example please.

Have you ever seen a Christian try to justify the great flood and genocide or a Christian trying to show where substitutional punishment is somehow just?

Neither have I as most Christians run from such moral discussions. This I know as a fact.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2019 10:20 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Check the timing of the Passover and note how Christianity does not celebrate it when the Jews did.

Like the Jewish interpreted elevation of man in Eden, as compared to the fall Christianity sees, Christianity reversed many of the moral of the story when they usurped the Jewish god.
Jesus was a Jew. A Jew that becomes a Christian is called a completed Jew. Jesus fulfilled all their prophesy about the savior by the final sacrificial atonement for all. God did not murder His Son, He allowed men to do it. Jesus is still alive. Thousands of people witnessed Him walking around after the resurrection.

God allows suffering so we can learn from experience. Most of what you learn is from the mistakes you or somebody else made.

To say that god allowed the murder that he planned and trying to exonerate him for such an immoral act is you not wanting to face the truth that your god is a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Come back and try to argue that I and my moral view is wrong.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2019 10:23 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Depends on your view.
Let me explain: Depends on your view.

YOUR view

YOUR

YOU

You control Your thinking, greatest.
All there is is All there is.

No argument. We are all there is.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2019 10:24 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

It proves they are liars and con men.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 09:21 am
@Greatest I am,
WELL DONE!

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

What do you believe is, as individual factors/idents/conduits of the 'Whole/Source', the most 'beneficial' information can be offered to those who are seeking?

I know the answer - Just enquiring into your perspective.

You've drawn my curiosity:)
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 11:39 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

WELL DONE!

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

What do you believe is, as individual factors/idents/conduits of the 'Whole/Source', the most 'beneficial' information can be offered to those who are seeking?

I know the answer - Just enquiring into your perspective.

You've drawn my curiosity:)

Where to seek is easy. Let me tell you while naming my god.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.
-----------

If you do not agree with me then -------

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL

mark noble

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 06:20 am
@Greatest I am,
In the Reality of truth
They reside
As Gods, unto themselves
At the Mercy of Pride
And Pride be their Devils' 'Hand'
Holding Inside
What, so patiently waits
It's Release

Indeed God is in everyone and everything
And only via every perspective
Can perfectly accomplish its intent.

For One Cannot be both Perfect and Imperfect a once.
This Reality is a stage in said process.
And its purpose is to perfect everything For eveything.

That's how I'd do it - Wheat ends up with wheat; Chaff with chaff.
Everything ends up where it belongs
Happy Days:)

Ultimately, Greatest, Our 'vibrations' are 'unmaskable' to the Source - hence 'No lies' God sees ALL 'CLEARLY'

And Gods' Love stretches to allowing this illusory Reality for the 'souls' ascension or descent into that 'part' it will play for the 'Whole'.

Glad to have interacted with you, Greatest.

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:59 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

In the Reality of truth
They reside
As Gods, unto themselves
At the Mercy of Pride
And Pride be their Devils' 'Hand'
Holding Inside
What, so patiently waits
It's Release

Indeed God is in everyone and everything
And only via every perspective
Can perfectly accomplish its intent.

For One Cannot be both Perfect and Imperfect a once.
This Reality is a stage in said process.
And its purpose is to perfect everything For eveything.

That's how I'd do it - Wheat ends up with wheat; Chaff with chaff.
Everything ends up where it belongs
Happy Days:)

Ultimately, Greatest, Our 'vibrations' are 'unmaskable' to the Source - hence 'No lies' God sees ALL 'CLEARLY'

And Gods' Love stretches to allowing this illusory Reality for the 'souls' ascension or descent into that 'part' it will play for the 'Whole'.

Glad to have interacted with you, Greatest.

Thanks.

Watch your ego.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 10:43 am
@Greatest I am,
I can't 'Watch my ego' - GIA.
It gave up on me.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:53 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I can't 'Watch my ego' - GIA.
It gave up on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E

Regards
DL
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 07:02 am
@Greatest I am,
GIA - I do not disagree with you.
Gnostics are wonderful 'logos' folk.
I'm Epicurean, gnostic, stoic, muslim, christian, buddhist, hindu, jew, and all derivites thereof - Sometimes..

Gospel of Thomas - GOOD logos?

Have you read 'Kybalion', GIA?
'Emerald tablets'.
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:55 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

GIA - I do not disagree with you.
Gnostics are wonderful 'logos' folk.
I'm Epicurean, gnostic, stoic, muslim, christian, buddhist, hindu, jew, and all derivites thereof - Sometimes..

Gospel of Thomas - GOOD logos?

'Emerald tablets'.

No.

I will look them up.

Gnostic is the best ideology. IMO.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 08:01 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Took a quick refresher.

I am not impressed with the principles.

They are more supernatural than natural. I have no problem with our minds using thought waves to move matter. Noetic science has proven that to be the case. To take that to our creating a new reality that effects all people is foolish.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 09:54 am
@mark noble,
Quote:

The law of no contradiction says that if two statements about one particular issue contradict each other, then (1) only one of them is true, or (2) they are both false. They cannot both be true in the same sense and at the same time. Truth, by definition, is exclusive.

There are other fundamental differences in every religion and they all can't be true at the same time:

For instance, Christianity says that there is one eternal God who created the universe. But Hinduism says that everything is God; you are God, I am God, this podium is God. Islam denies that Jesus was God and that Jesus died for our sins. All religions are not the same.

Actually, all religions claim exclusivity. Just ask a Muslim or a Hindu or a Christian or a Jew or Buddhist. So the issue of exclusive truth claims cannot be merely brushed aside by uninformed statements like, "There are many paths to God" or " all religions are good and I should follow a bit from every religion to be on safe side."

In the end, one must choose.
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 10:02 am
@HabibUrrehman,
HabibUrrehman wrote:

Quote:

In the end, one must choose.

I did not critique our friends post because Gnostics are esoteric ecumenists and shameless cherry pickers of all ideologies because our god is an ever rising bar of excellence more or less defined as the best rules and laws to live by yhat we can find, regardless of the source.

FM Gnostic Christian POV, his statement is quite good and accurate.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 06:48 am
@HabibUrrehman,
That depends on your interpretion of Everything.

Did 'Source' not create ALL things perfectly?
Both bitter and sweet waters cannot flow simultaneously from the same well'spring...?
Both true and false - One man's 'sweet' is another man's 'bitter/sour'.

I am Everything I am - And all beliefs are valuable parts of the whole - None of them are completely accurate - None of them are completely inaccurate.

EGO = Edging God Out.

namaste
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 01:14 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

EGO = Edging God Out.

namaste

Ego perfected, as your Karaite brethren would say, is the recognition that man is above god, given that we have invented all of them.

If that was what you meant, then I agree with EGO = Edging God Out.

Regards
DL